Where is research carried out?
Research groups are made up of professors and researchers who carry out research activities with the purpose of obtaining high impact scientific products, knowledge generation and transfer and/or innovation and entrepreneurship.
They are developed in one or several strategic disciplines defined by the National School and are generated through the solution of research challenges and projects.
The GIs have established lines of research, clear objectives of scientific, social and economic impact. They also have strategic academic relationships and links with external organizations. They also have scientific production according to their internationally competitive discipline(s).
They produce social impact through the challenges they solve and the advocacy they lead; economic impact through the attraction of research funds and the consolidation of successful ventures.
Use the institutional infrastructure of Laboratories or Research Centers according to the discipline.
Access to institutional financial support for their researchers.
School of Architecture, Art and Design
• Territorial and sustainable development
• Design and advanced processes of sustainable transformation
• Critical theory of art and design
School of Social Sciences and Government
• Legal systems innovation
• Economies of the future
• Democracy and global affairs
• Government and public entrepreneurship
School of Humanities and Education
• Educational innovation
• Digital humanities
• Humanities for sustainable development
Ecosystem of research groups
School of Engineering and Science
• Molecular and systems bioengineering
• Emerging food technologies and nutraceuticals
• Advanced manufacturing
• Photonics and quantum systems
• Advanced artificial intelligence
• Smart supply chain and logistics
• Innovation in smart digital technologies and infrastructure
• Cyber-physical systems
• Water science and technology
• Energy conversion, storage and management
• Circular economy, decarbonization and climate change
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
• Diagnostic and therapeutic innovation in chronic degeneration diseases
• Advanced therapies in visual sciences
• Global health and emerging diseases
• Research in breast cancer
• Developmental biology and comprehensive well-being in childhood
• Neurological sciences and neurorestoration
• Leadership and effective organizations
• Development of conscious businesses
• Impactful entrepreneurship and innovation
• Organizational strategy and industries transformation