Core Lab: Preclinical Research Unit
Área con condiciones controladas de temperatura, humedad y ciclos de luz para el alojamiento, cuidado, manutención, producción y uso de animales de laboratorio.
¿Qué es el Core Lab de Unidad de Investigación Preclínica?
The Preclinical Research Unit Core Lab at Tecnologico de Monterrey is designed to support and promote preclinical research and educational activities.
It aims to support researchers in developing Experimental Models for safety and efficacy tests, proofs-of-concept, and knowledge generation.
It comprises production, maintenance rooms, and experimental suites with the necessary infrastructure and equipment for the care and ethical use of laboratory animals per the Mexican standard NOM-062-ZOO-1999.
About Core Lab
• Individually ventilated boxes
• Fan racks
• Replacement stations with laminar airflow
• Conventional metabolic boxes
• Rabbit housing racks
• Surgery tables
• Stereoscopic microscope
• Biological safety hood
• Refrigerators and freezers (-20°C)
• Apparatus for stereotaxic surgeries
• Attachments to hold and immobilize
• Equipment for measuring invasive and non-invasive pressure
• "In vivo" imaging equipment
• Inhaled anesthesia equipment
MVZ Manager: Antonio Joel Ruiz Uribe
• Located in S1 and S2 of the CITEs building
• With an area of 320 m2
• It has production, maintenance, and experimentation rooms for small species.
• Regulated by the Institutional Committee for the Care of Laboratory Animals (CICUAL)
• Certified staff
- Certified Veterinarians
- Experienced researchers
- Specialists and trained technical personnel
*All procedures are performed or supervised by certified veterinary doctors, following the recommendations of the official Mexican STANDARD NOM-062-200-1999 and guidelines recommended by AAALAC.
Why work with us?
The unit has:
1. Trained personnel for the design and development of research, education, and industry protocols.
2. Spaces and infrastructure for managing animals (rats, mice, and rabbits).
3. Trained personnel for basic procedures (blood sampling, vital signs, non-invasive pressure taking, administration of drugs or molecules.
4. Assistance in performing specialized surgeries.
5. Performing minor surgeries and euthanasia.
Who are our collaborators?
We provide services to the different schools and institutes of Tecnologico de Monterrey and those institutions and universities with agreements with Tec's researchers.
Procedure to request and develop protocols
* The Institutional Committee for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (CICUAL) is an impartial body in charge of monitoring and promoting the humane use and care of laboratory animals. It comprises personnel with extensive experience in animal research and management.
M.C. Noemí García - Leader of the CoreLab-Preclinical Research Unit
Dr. Gerardo García Rivas - Co-leader of the CoreLab-Preclinical Research Unit
MVZ, cDenC, Antonio Ruiz Uribe - Operational Coordinator and Authorized MVZ Manager
MVZ Karla Michael Álvarez Piñon
MVZ Erick Emmanuel Alanis Domínguez
Contact for reports and quotes
Dr. Noemí García Ramírez - Core Lab Leader: