Imagine, innovate and create
During the specialization stage, which lasts 2 years, you will be able to enhance your knowledge based on your plans after graduation. We know that each designer is different, with their own tastes and hobbies. Therefore, we offer three specialization so you may decide what kind of designer you want to become:
- Product Design
- Design and Technology
- Visual Design
As part of your specialization, you will have the opportunity to choose between several concentrations to complement your degree based on your interests, plans and international trends. You will be able to choose between:
- UX and UI
- Advanced Design and Future
- Entrepreneurship in the Creative Industries
You will also be able to choose any cross concentration offered in your campus.
*The concentration and specialization offer might vary in every campus.
Thanks to the integral preparation you will receive in this degree, on graduating you will be able to you participate in diverse business areas, such as:
- Companies from the manufacturing and service sectors
- Design firms
- Research and development centers
- Innovation agencies and departments
- Advertising agencies
- Public or private organizations, developing social innovation projects
- Your own firm, offering design services or consulting
- Your own company, designing and manufacturing your own products
Si eres creativo, te gusta resolver problemas, te preocupa el bienestar de las personas, te preguntas cómo funcionan las cosas y buscas la manera de mejorarlas, éste podría ser tu camino.
Is this you?
If you are creative, like solving problems, care about other people’s wellbeing, wonder how things work and look for ways to improve them, this could be your path.
The three stages of the model
Choose your path
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of Creative Studies.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Creative Studies, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
- You have decided whether to diversify or delve further into your degree, by choosing a concentration, a modality, an internship stay, to mention just a few of your options. The Tec Semester is a flexible-time space to get started.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests and plans.
- If you decided to opt for a concentration, on graduating you will obtain a professional concentration certificate issued by the Office of the Registrar at your campus.
Plan de estudios
General education course
Area exploration courses
Introductory block (CHALLENGE)
Area exploration block (CHALLENGE)
Exploration topic (CHALLENGE)
Track integrating block (CHALLENGE)
Disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Integrating disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Multidisciplinary professional elective (CHALLENGE)
Final integrating block (CHALLENGE)
|Visual Sound and Culture|
|Photographic Techniques and Discourses|
|Human Factors Research Methodologies|
|Methodologies of Creative Thinking|
|Elective Course Mathematics and Science|
|Creative Immersion and Experimentation|
|Formal representation of space|
|Elective Course Humanities and Fine Arts|
|Cultural Imaginaries of Mexico|
|Semiotics and Contemporary Narratologies|
|Symbolic Structures in Image, Literature and Music|
|Digital Product Communication|
|Matter and expression|
|Elective Course Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Thinking and Creative Process|
|Specification of Products and Services|
|Design and Innovation|
|Design Project Management|
|Elective Course Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Innovation|
|Elective Course Ethics and Citizenship|
|Elective Course Design I|
|Elective Course Design II|
|Elective Course Design III|
|Elective Course Design IV|
|Elective Course Design V|
|Elective Course Design VI|
|Comprehensive Design Project|
|Elective Multidisciplinary Professional|