B.A. in Design
Imagine, innovate and create
Thanks to the integral preparation you will receive in this degree, on graduating you will be able to you participate in diverse business areas, such as:
- Companies from the manufacturing and service sectors
- Design firms
- Research and development centers
- Innovation agencies and departments
- Advertising agencies
- Public or private organizations, developing social innovation projects
- Your own firm, offering design services or consulting
- Your own company, designing and manufacturing your own products
Si eres creativo, te gusta resolver problemas, te preocupa el bienestar de las personas, te preguntas cómo funcionan las cosas y buscas la manera de mejorarlas, éste podría ser tu camino.
Is this you?
If you are creative, like solving problems, care about other people’s wellbeing, wonder how things work and look for ways to improve them, this could be your path.
The three stages of the model
Choose your path
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of Creative Studies.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Creative Studies, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
You have decided between diversifying or focusing deeply in your major, which you will achieve by choosing a concentration or a stay, to name a few of your options. The TEC Semester is a flexible time to start.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests and plans.
- By passing a concentration, you will develop your competencies, and, on graduating, will be a candidate for obtaining a Diploma in that concentration, after meeting the established requirements.
How can you specialize?
Specialize in one of the different concentrations available at the campus of your choice, according to the profile you would like to develop.
Internships allow you to participate in the development of specific projects with companies, organizations, or research groups, in a context of total immersion related to a specialty field. They can be carried out locally, nationally or internationally.
Experience life outside Mexico to broaden your horizons and delve into the topics of your interest.
Courses or blocks
Choose the education units that best adapt to your objectives, enabling you to specialize in your specific interests.
Delve into your field of study
- Art, Object and Fashion
- Arts and Tech Incubator
- Digital Innovation for Experience Creation and Management
- Digital Journalism
- Entrepreneurship in the Creative and Cultural Industries
- Open Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Regenerative Design
- Strategic Management of Omnichannel Retail
- Technology-Based Design and Futures
- User Experience and Interfaces
Delve into other fields of study
- Conscious Business
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Design, Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Families, Sustainability and Transcendence
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Financial Vision for Decision-Making
- Government and Public Transformation
- Mexican Culture
- Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Social Innovation
*These concentraciones are not the definitive offer and their availability varies by campus.
General education course
Area exploration courses
Introductory block (CHALLENGE)
Area exploration block (CHALLENGE)
Exploration topic (CHALLENGE)
Track integrating block (CHALLENGE)
Disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Integrating disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Multidisciplinary professional elective (CHALLENGE)
Final integrating block (CHALLENGE)
|Visual Sound and Culture|
|Photographic Techniques and Discourses|
|Human Factors Research Methodologies|
|Methodologies of Creative Thinking|
|Elective Course Mathematics and Science|
|Creative Immersion and Experimentation|
|Formal representation of space|
|Elective Course Humanities and Fine Arts|
|Cultural Imaginaries of Mexico|
|Semiotics and Contemporary Narratologies|
|Symbolic Structures in Image, Literature and Music|
|Digital Product Communication|
|Matter and expression|
|Elective Course Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Thinking and Creative Process|
|Specification of Products and Services|
|Design and Innovation|
|Design Project Management|
|Elective Course Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Innovation|
|Elective Course Ethics and Citizenship|
|Elective Course Design I|
|Elective Course Design II|
|Elective Course Design III|
|Elective Course Design IV|
|Elective Course Design V|
|Elective Course Design VI|
|Comprehensive Design Project|
|Elective Multidisciplinary Professional|
ARQ - B.A. in Architecture
LAD - B.A. in Digital Art
LDI - B.A. in Design
LEI - B.A. in Educational Innovation
LPE - B.A. in Journalism