Óscar Benjamín Pérez Alcalá - Faculty
Óscar Benjamín Pérez Alcalá
School of Humanities and Education
Composition for audiovisual media
Classical guitarist and composer born in the city of Puebla, Mexico. He began his initial level studies in classical guitar at the Universidad Veracruzana. Later, he obtained a scholarship to pursue a Bachelor of Music, with a specialty in classical guitar at the University of the Americas-Puebla. He is a Master in Aesthetics and Art from the BUAP and a Doctor in Creation and Theory of Culture from the UDLAP, and is currently studying a Master's Degree in Composition at the Faculty of Music of the UNAM.
In 2009, his career took a turn towards the composition of contemporary music and since then his works have been presented in various forums and national and international festivals, have been performed by prominent soloists and groups and have been directed by important conductors. Recently, he has dabbled in creating music for video games, making the music for the Greak game, Memories of Azur, for the Nintendo Switch.
Education and Training
- PhD in Creation and Theory of Culture, UDLAP
- Master in Composition, UNAM
- Bachelor of Music, UDLAP
Awards and Honors
- First Place in the 6th International String Quartet Composition Competition, FONCA.
- First place in the 3rd National Composition Contest "Manuel M. Ponce", Federal
- Secretariat of Culture, INBA and Government of the State of Zacatecas.