B.A. in Architecture
Sustainable spaces and cities
On graduating from Architecture, you will be competent in:
- Offer architectural solutions based on analysis that starts with an in-depth understanding of social needs in diverse contexts, using a systemic approach.
- Design architectural spaces applying habitability, constructability and sustainability criteria.
- Work in prestigious architecture firms.
- Form part of multidisciplinary teams lined to the government, NGOs, and the private and business sectors.
- Develop building projects based on design premises, safety criteria, legality, technical and construction rigor, and sustainability.
- Manage architectural and real-estate projects from the detection of needs to human, financial, and technical-building operation. resources operation, applying a comprehensive vision for the habitat.
Is this you?
If you are aware of the grave consequence of the unbridled development of cities and feel that you have the capacity to transform human habitat in order to enhance people’s quality of life, then Architecture is the right degree for you.
The three stages of the model
Choose your path
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of Creative Studies.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Creative Studies, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
You have decided between diversifying or focusing deeply in your major, which you will achieve by choosing a concentration or a stay, to name a few of your options. The TEC Semester is a flexible time to start.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests and plans.
- By passing a concentration, you will develop your competencies, and, on graduating, will be a candidate for obtaining a Diploma in that concentration, after meeting the established requirements.
How can you specialize?
Specialize in one of the different concentrations available at the campus of your choice, according to the profile you would like to develop.
Internships allow you to participate in the development of specific projects with companies, organizations, or research groups, in a context of total immersion related to a specialty field. They can be carried out locally, nationally or internationally.
Experience life outside Mexico to broaden your horizons and delve into the topics of your interest.
Courses or blocks
Choose the education units that best adapt to your objectives, enabling you to specialize in your specific interests.
Delve into your field of study
- Advanced Architecture
- Art and Architecture Theory, History and Criticism
- Arts and Tech Incubator
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- City Development
- Digital Journalism
- Efficiency and Digitalization in Construction
- Entrepreneurship in the Creative and Cultural Industries
- Open Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Real State Intelligence
- Regenerative Design
- Technology-Based Design and Futures
- User Experience and Interfaces
Delve into other fields of study
- Conscious Business
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Design, Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Families, Sustainability and Transcendence
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Financial Vision for Decision-Making
- Government and Public Transformation
- Mexican Culture
- Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Social Innovation
*These concentraciones are not the definitive offer and their availability varies by campus.
General education course
Area exploration courses
Introductory block (CHALLENGE)
Area exploration block (CHALLENGE)
Exploration topic (CHALLENGE)
Track integrating block (CHALLENGE)
Multidisciplinary professional elective (CHALLENGE)
Final integrating block (CHALLENGE)
|Creativity and Design|
|Methodologies of Investigation for Projects of Design|
|Elective Course Mathematics and Science|
|Methods of Design|
|Technologies of Spatial Representation and of Image|
|Elective Course Humanities and Fine Arts|
|Design and Construction of an Ephemeral Habitat|
|The Conceptualization of Space, its Theory and its History|
|Representation of Architecture and its Construction|
|Elective Course Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Architecture and Contexts|
|Research and Architectural Project|
|Elective Course Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Innovation|
|Single Family Home|
|Elective Course Ethics and Citizenship|
|Professional Elective I|
|Professional Elective II|
|Professional Elective III|
|Professional Elective IV|
|Professional Elective V|
|Professional Elective VI|
|Elective Multidisciplinary Professional|
|Entrepreneurship in the Field of Architecture|
LAD - B.A. in Digital Art
LDI - B.A. in Design
LEI - B.A. in Educational Innovation
LLE - B.A. in Spanish Literature
LPE - B.A. in Journalism