Optimization and Data Science
About the Group
Our group develops approaches, formulations and solutions to specific optimization and data science problems using a quantitative point of view. We solve data analysis, quality control, process optimization, planning and production scheduling, facility location, inventory, vehicle routing, territorial design, forest management and port logistics problems .
The approach is quantitative, it provides formulation and solution to problems by designing algorithms that allow us to obtain both exact and approximate solutions.
• Logistics and manufacturing
• Data analytics
Neale Ricardo Smith Cornejo
Francisco Román Angel Bello Acosta
Jaime Castro Pérez
Jaime Mora Vargas
Leopoldo Eduardo Cárdenas Barrón
Ritwik Bhattacharya X
Víctor Gustavo Tercero Gómez
Ana Maria Sarmiento Moncada
Andrei Solorzano Perez
Diana López Soto
Diana Lucía Huerta Muñoz
Eva Selene Hernández Gress
Imelda de Jesús Loera Hernández
Jobish Vallikavungal Devassia
Jorge Arturo Garza Venegas
José Luis González Velarde
Kenneth Edgar Hernández Ruiz
Laura Hervert Escobar
Luis Alejandro Benavides Vázquez
Mariel Adriana Leal Coronado
Moises García Martínez
Yasmín Águeda Ríos Solís
Top 5 of publications 2015-2019
- An inventory model with trade-credit policy and variable deterioration for fixed lifetime products
Authors: Sarkar, B., Saren, S., & Cárdenas-Barrón, L.
- Coordinating a socially responsible closed-loop supply chain with product recycling
Authors: Panda, S., Modak, N., & Cárdenas-Barrón, L.
- Impact of trade credit and inflation on retailer's ordering policies for non-instantaneous deteriorating items in a two-warehouse environment
Authors: Tiwari, S., Cárdenas-Barrón, L., Khanna, A., & Jaggi, C.
- An inventory model under price and stock dependent demand for controllable deterioration rate with shortages and preservation technology investment
Authors: Mishra, U., Cárdenas-Barrón, L., Tiwari, S., Shaikh, A., & Treviño-Garza, G.
- Inventory lot-size policies for deteriorating items with expiration dates and advance payments
Authors: Teng, J., Cárdenas-Barrón, L., Chang, H., Wu, J., & Hu, Y.