Our works speak for us
Thanks to the integral preparation you will receive in this degree, on graduating you will be able to develop professionally in different areas of business, services and research within the built environment development industry, such as:
- Construction and real-estate companies
- Structural design firms for building, roadway and transportation projects
- Hydraulic and water treatment system design firms and companies that conduct environmental impact studies
- Management of projects and companies that supervise public and private infrastructure works
- Government public works departments
- Companies that conduct soil mechanics studies
- International graduate programs to pursue a career in research (master’s or doctorate)
Is this right for you?
If you are inquisitive and analytical, have an affinity for mathematics and physics, and would like to contribute to society’s development with major infrastructure works, you’re in the right place.
The three stages of the model
Choose your path
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of Built Environment.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Built Environment, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
You have decided between diversifying or focusing deeply in your major, which you will achieve by choosing a concentration or a stay, to name a few of your options. The TEC Semester is a flexible time to start.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests and plans.
- By passing a concentration, you will develop your competencies, and, on graduating, will be a candidate for obtaining a Diploma in that concentration, after meeting the established requirements.
How can you specialize?
Specialize in one of the different concentrations available at the campus of your choice, according to the profile you would like to develop.
Internships allow you to participate in the development of specific projects with companies, organizations, or research groups, in a context of total immersion related to a specialty field. They can be carried out locally, nationally or internationally.
Experience life outside Mexico to broaden your horizons and delve into the topics of your interest.
Courses or blocks
Choose the education units that best adapt to your objectives, enabling you to specialize in your specific interests.
Delve into your field of study
- Entrepreneurial Families, Sustainability and Transcendence
- Financial Vision for Decision-Making
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- City Development
- Regenerative Design
- Efficiency and Digitalization in Construction
- Open Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Sustainable Water Use
- Operational Evolution for Industry 5.0
- Systems and Technologies 4.0
- Real Estate Engineering and Intelligence
Delve into other fields of study
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Mexican Culture
- Economics and Sustainable Development
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Government and Public Transformation
- Social Innovation
- Design, Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship
- Conscious Business
*These concentraciones are not the definitive offer and their availability varies by campus.
General education course
Area exploration courses
Introductory block (CHALLENGE)
Area exploration block (CHALLENGE)
Exploration topic (CHALLENGE)
Track integrating block (CHALLENGE)
Disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Integrating disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Multidisciplinary professional elective (CHALLENGE)
Final integrating block (CHALLENGE)
|Modeling of Water Sanitation Techniques|
|Design of Efficient Mobility of People and Goods|
|Structural Design with Reinforced Concrete and Steel|
|Professional Elective I|
|Professional Elective II|
|Professional Elective III|
|Professional Elective IV|
|Professional Elective V|
|Professional Elective VI|
|Integration of Civil Engineering Projects|
|Elective Multidisciplinary Professional|