B.A. in Urbanism
Living cities, in motion
Thanks to the integral preparation you will receive in this degree, on graduating you will be able to you participate in diverse business areas, such as:
- Property development
- Urban, financial and social project management
- Government institutions
- Urban consulting
- Mobility and transport
- Regeneration of cities and historical sites
- Geostatistical analysis
Si eres analítico y organizado y siempre buscas la manera de hacer que las cosas sean más eficientes, esta carrera puede ser para ti.
Is this right for you?
If you are analytical and organized and always looking for the way to make things more efficient, this could be the degree for you.
The three stages of the model
Choose your path
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of Built Environment.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Built Environment, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
You have decided between diversifying or focusing deeply in your major, which you will achieve by choosing a concentration or a stay, to name a few of your options. The TEC Semester is a flexible time to start.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests and plans.
- By passing a concentration, you will develop your competencies, and, on graduating, will be a candidate for obtaining a Diploma in that concentration, after meeting the established requirements.
How can you specialize?
Specialize in one of the different concentrations available at the campus of your choice, according to the profile you would like to develop.
Internships allow you to participate in the development of specific projects with companies, organizations, or research groups, in a context of total immersion related to a specialty field. They can be carried out locally, nationally or internationally.
Experience life outside Mexico to broaden your horizons and delve into the topics of your interest.
Courses or blocks
Choose the education units that best adapt to your objectives, enabling you to specialize in your specific interests.
Delve into your field of study
- Arts and Tech Incubator
- City Development
- Digital Journalism
- Efficiency and Digitalization in Construction
- Entrepreneurship in the Creative and Cultural Industries
- Open Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Real State Intelligence
- Regenerative Design
- Technology-Based Design and Futures
Delve into other fields of study
- Conscious Business
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Design, Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Families, Sustainability and Transcendence
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Financial Vision for Decision-Making
- Government and Public Transformation
- Mexican Culture
- Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Social Innovation
*These concentraciones are not the definitive offer and their availability varies by campus.
General education course
Area exploration courses
Introductory block (CHALLENGE)
Area exploration block (CHALLENGE)
Exploration topic (CHALLENGE)
Disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Integrating disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Multidisciplinary professional elective (CHALLENGE)
Final integrating block (CHALLENGE)
Track integrating block (CHALLENGE)
|Elective Course Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Competitive Cities: Innovation|
|Competitive Cities: Modality|
|Competitive Cities: Quality of Life|
|Cities of the Future|
|Elective Course Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Innovation|
|Sustainable Metropolis: Mitigation|
|Sustainable Metropolis: Resilience|
|Sustainable Metropolis: Adaptation|
|Elective Course Ethics and Citizenship|
|Management and Administration of Territorial Investment Projects|
|Complexity and Debate|
|Elective Multidisciplinary Professional|