B.S. in Chemical Engineering
Action-reaction: that’s the formula
Thanks to the integral education you will receive in this degree, on graduating you will be able to work in diverse activities:
- In the industrial sector industrial, as a process engineer in charge of manufacturing chemical products such as drugs, plastics, fertilizers, food additives, petroleum derivatives, among many others.
- In the design and enhancement of productive processes for the chemical industry.
- As the person responsible for environmental and safety aspects in industry
- In the service sector as a consultant for the application of process technologies and specialized chemical products.
- In the areas of innovation and development in companies from the chemical sector.
- As an entrepreneur, creating your own company in the area of chemical products or specialized technical services for the chemical industry.
Is this right for you?
If you want to change the world through innovative initiatives that generate economic, social and environmental value, then this is the path for you.
The three stages of the model
Choose your path
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of Engineering - Bioengineering and Chemical Processes.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Engineering - Bioengineering and Chemical Processes, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
You have decided between diversifying or focusing deeply in your major, which you will achieve by choosing a concentration or a stay, to name a few of your options. The TEC Semester is a flexible time to start.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests and plans.
- By passing a concentration, you will develop your competencies, and, on graduating, will be a candidate for obtaining a Diploma in that concentration, after meeting the established requirements.
How can you specialize?
Specialize in one of the different concentrations available at the campus of your choice, according to the profile you would like to develop.
Internships allow you to participate in the development of specific projects with companies, organizations, or research groups, in a context of total immersion related to a specialty field. They can be carried out locally, nationally or internationally.
Experience life outside Mexico to broaden your horizons and delve into the topics of your interest.
Courses or blocks
Choose the education units that best adapt to your objectives, enabling you to specialize in your specific interests.
Delve into your field of study
- Advanced Materials
- Biologic Mechanisms of the Diseases
- Chemical and Biotechnological Product Design
- Decarbonization and Clean Energies
- Innovation in Food Development
- Open Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Operational Evolution for Industry
- Sustainable Water Use
- Systems and Technologies 4.0
- Tissue Engineering
Delve into other fields of study
- Conscious Business
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Design, Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Families, Sustainability and Transcendence
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Financial Vision for Decision-Making
- Government and Public Transformation
- Mexican Culture
- Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Social Innovation
*These concentraciones are not the definitive offer and their availability varies by campus.
General education course
Area exploration courses
Introductory block (CHALLENGE)
Area exploration block (CHALLENGE)
Exploration topic (CHALLENGE)
Track integrating block (CHALLENGE)
Multidisciplinary professional elective (CHALLENGE)
Final integrating block (CHALLENGE)
|Comprehensive Design of Chemical Processes|
|Design of Chemical Processes|
|Automation and Control of Chemical Processes|
|Professional Elective I|
|Professional Elective II|
|Professional Elective III|
|Professional Elective IV|
|Professional Elective V|
|Professional Elective VI|
|Application of Process Engineering in Industrial Projects|
|Elective Multidisciplinary Professional|
IAL - B.S. in Food Engineering
IAG - B.S. in Agricultural Biosystems Engineering
IBT - B.S. in Biotechnology Engineering