B.S. in Biotechnology Engineering
Science provides solutions
On graduating, you will be able to work in diverse areas, such as:
- Innovation and development of biotechnological products and processes in the pharmaceutical, and food and beverage industries, and the agricultural and environmental sectors
- Quality assurance and production line supervision in the pharmaceutical, and food and beverage industries, and the agricultural and environmental sectors
- Biotechnology-based entrepreneurship in the area of food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, agriculture and the environment
- Technological innovation and development in public and private research centers
Si eres naturalmente curioso, quieres contribuir al bienestar de la humanidad y además tienes una pasión por la biología, la química y las matemáticas, estás en el lugar correcto.
Is this right for you?
If you want to contribute to the wellbeing of humanity and the planet, and you are also passionate about technology, this could be your path.
The three stages of the model
Choose your path
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of Engineering - Bioengineering and Chemical Processes.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Engineering - Bioengineering and Chemical Processes, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
You have decided between diversifying or focusing deeply in your major, which you will achieve by choosing a concentration or a stay, to name a few of your options. The TEC Semester is a flexible time to start.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests and plans.
- By passing a concentration, you will develop your competencies, and, on graduating, will be a candidate for obtaining a Diploma in that concentration, after meeting the established requirements.
How can you specialize?
Specialize in one of the different concentrations available at the campus of your choice, according to the profile you would like to develop.
Internships allow you to participate in the development of specific projects with companies, organizations, or research groups, in a context of total immersion related to a specialty field. They can be carried out locally, nationally or internationally.
Experience life outside Mexico to broaden your horizons and delve into the topics of your interest.
Courses or blocks
Choose the education units that best adapt to your objectives, enabling you to specialize in your specific interests.
Delve into your field of study
- Bioentrepreneurship and Circular Economy
- Biologic Mechanisms of the Diseases
- Chemical and Biotechnological Product Design
- Data Science in Healthcare
- Functional Genomics and Synthetic Biology
- Innovation in Food Development
- Nanodevice Development
- Open Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Operational Evolution for Industry
- Sustainable Water Use
- Systems and Technologies 4.0
- Technology-Based Design and Futures
- Tissue Engineering
Delve into other fields of study
- Conscious Business
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Design, Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Families, Sustainability and Transcendence
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Financial Vision for Decision-Making
- Government and Public Transformation
- Mexican Culture
- Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Social Innovation
*These concentraciones are not the definitive offer and their availability varies by campus.
General education course
Area exploration courses
Introductory block (CHALLENGE)
Area exploration block (CHALLENGE)
Exploration topic (CHALLENGE)
Track integrating block (CHALLENGE)
Multidisciplinary professional elective (CHALLENGE)
Final integrating block (CHALLENGE)
|Preparation of Biotechnological Products|
|Synthesis of Biofactories|
|Analysis and Study of Biosystems|
|Foundation and Application of Molecular Bases|
|Elective Course Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Innovation|
|In Vitro experimentation|
|Integration of Transfer Operations|
|Modeling Transport Phenomena|
|Elective Course Ethics and Citizenship|
|Design of Bioreactors|
|Design of Bioseparation Strategies|
|Planning of Biotechnological Processes|
|Application and Analysis of Omic Technologies|
|Prospection of Bioprocesses|
|Professional Elective I|
|Professional Elective II|
|Professional Elective III|
|Professional Elective IV|
|Professional Elective V|
|Professional Elective VI|
|Design of Biotechnological Processes and Bioproducts|
|Elective Multidisciplinary Professional|