About the Group
This group focuses on applied research related to the design and manufacture of products with high added value using disciplines such as competitive intelligence, circular economy, biomanufacturing, additive manufacturing, precision engineering and laser-based microprocessing. The complete life cycle of the product is studied through competitive intelligence, circular economy, ecodesign and green manufacturing concepts. Some of the advanced manufacturing processes of interest to this group include: 3D printing of tissue engineering scaffolds, electrospinning of nanofibers, laser microcutting and microwelding, soft lithography for microfluidics, microinjection molding, micromilling, incremental sheet forming and metrology.
• Additive manufacturing and laser-based processing
• Circular economies and eco-design
• Competitive intelligence
• Metrology and precision engineering
Ciro Angel Rodríguez González
Alfonso Gómez Espinosa
David Carlos Romero Díaz
David Isaac Ibarra Zarate
Eduardo Alejandro Flores Villalba
Enrique Cuan Urquizo
Erika García López
Jesús Alejandro Sandoval Robles
José Israel Martínez López
Marisela Rodriguez Salvador
Omar Eduardo López Botello
Carmita Camposeco Negrete
Cecilia Daniela Treviño Quintanilla
César Augusto García Pérez
Elisa Virginia Vázquez Lepe
Jaime Bonilla Ríos
Jan Antonio Lammel Lindemann
Noel León Rovira
Víctor Segura Ibarra
Top 5 of publications 2015-2019
- Optimization of cutting parameters to minimize energy consumption during turning of AISI 1018 steel at constant material removal rate using robust design
Authors: Camposeco-Negrete, C., de Dios Calderón Nájera, J., & Miranda-Valenzuela, J.
- Smart manufacturing: Characteristics, technologies and enabling factors
Authors: Mittal, S., Khan, M., Romero, D., & Wuest, T.
- Towards an operator 4.0 typology: A human-centric perspective on the fourth industrial revolution technologies
Authors: Romero, D., Stahre, J., Wuest, T., Noran, O., Bernus, P., Fast-Berglund, Å., & Gorecky, D.
- 3D printed multiplexed electrospinning sources for large-scale production of aligned nanofiber mats with small diameter spread
Authors: García-López, E., Olvera-Trejo, D., & Velásquez-García, L.
- Investigation of residual stress distribution in single point incremental forming of aluminum parts by X-ray diffraction technique
Authors: Jiménez, I., López, C., Martinez-Romero, O., Mares, P., Siller, H., Diabb, J., Sandoval-Robles, J., & Elías-Zúñiga, A.