B.S. in Data Science and Mathematics Engineering
A new profession for new challenges
On graduating from Data Science and Mathematics Engineering, you will be able to work in diverse areas of an organization, such as:
- Data science: analysis, research, application
- Consulting in data analysis for decision making in companies
- Design mathematical models for data security systems
- Research centers in the areas of applied mathematics
¿Ves lo que todo el mundo ve, pero lo analizas y piensas de forma diferente? ¿Tienes un talento natural para las matemáticas? ¿Te interesa la tecnología de vanguardia y sus fundamentos? Ésta es tu carrera.
Is this right for you?
Do you see what everybody sees, but you analyze it and think differently? Are you passionate about mathematics? Are you interested in cutting-edge technology and its foundations? This is the degree for you.
The three stages of the model
Choose your path
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of Engineering - Applied Sciences.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Engineering - Applied Sciences, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
You have decided between diversifying or focusing deeply in your major, which you will achieve by choosing a concentration or a stay, to name a few of your options. The TEC Semester is a flexible time to start.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests and plans.
- By passing a concentration, you will develop your competencies, and, on graduating, will be a candidate for obtaining a Diploma in that concentration, after meeting the established requirements.
How can you specialize?
Specialize in one of the different concentrations available at the campus of your choice, according to the profile you would like to develop.
Internships allow you to participate in the development of specific projects with companies, organizations, or research groups, in a context of total immersion related to a specialty field. They can be carried out locally, nationally or internationally.
Experience life outside Mexico to broaden your horizons and delve into the topics of your interest.
Courses or blocks
Choose the education units that best adapt to your objectives, enabling you to specialize in your specific interests.
Delve into your field of study
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence for Data Science
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Data Science in Healthcare
- Digital Mindset for Start Ups
- Epidemiology for Public Health Problem Solving
- Open Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Operational Evolution for Industry
- Systems and Technologies 4.0
Delve into other fields of study
- Conscious Business
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Design, Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Families, Sustainability and Transcendence
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Financial Vision for Decision-Making
- Government and Public Transformation
- Mexican Culture
- Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Social Innovation
*These concentraciones are not the definitive offer and their availability varies by campus.
General education course
Area exploration courses
Introductory block (CHALLENGE)
Area exploration block (CHALLENGE)
Exploration topic (CHALLENGE)
Track integrating block (CHALLENGE)
Disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Integrating disciplinary block (CHALLENGE)
Multidisciplinary professional elective (CHALLENGE)
Final integrating block (CHALLENGE)
|Use of Modern Algebras for Security and Cryptography|
|Use of Geometry and Topology for Data Science|
|Numerical Analysis for Non-Linear Optimization|
|Professional Elective I|
|Professional Elective II|
|Professional Elective III|
|Professional Elective IV|
|Professional Elective V|
|Professional Elective VI|
|Development of Mathematical Engineering Projects|
|Elective Multidisciplinary Professional|