Nano-sensors and Devices
About the Group
This group develops micro/nano manufacturing processes and applies them to the creation of sensors and other miniaturized devices. Its activities are particularly related to the design and manufacture of microfluidic devices based on electrokinetic and/or centrifugal forces, for applications in clinical diagnosis and environmental engineering.
Carbon nanostructured materials are also developed and used for the development of impedance sensors and electrochemical sensors, and in energy storage devices. The group has a solid expertise in photosensitive polymers and their application to 3D printing. It has lines of research in nanophotonics and nanophotonics devices, as well as in the physics of optical metamaterials and their application in ultrasensitive biosensors.
• Micro / nano manufacturing processes
• Micro / nano carbon sensors
• Microfluidic devices based on eletrokinetic forces and / or centrifugal forces
• Photosensitive polymers and 3D printing
• Nanophotonic devices and optical metamaterials
Sergio Omar Martínez Chapa
Antonio Ramón Xicoténcatl Favela Contreras
Héctor Alán Aguirre Soto
Israel De León Arizpe
Sergio Camacho León
Víctor Hugo Pérez González
Alejandro Faudoa Arzate
Alfonso Ávila Ortega
Anai Alicia Valencia Lazcano
Apurv Chaitanya Nellikka
Arnoldo Salazar Soto
Claudia Angélica Ramírez Herrera
Claudia Bautista Flores
Euth Ortiz Ortega
Graciano Dieck Assad
Hemantha Kumar Wickramasinghe
Itzel Montserrat Lara Mayorga
José Manuel Rodríguez Delgado
Luis Antonio Carrillo Martínez
Rafael Camilo Lozoya Gamez
Roberto Carlos Gallo Villanueva
Top 5 of publications 2015-2019
- Large optical nonlinearity of indium tin oxide in its epsilon-near-zero region
Authors: Alam, M., De Leon, I., & Boyd, R.
- Laccase-based biosensors for detection of phenolic compounds
Authors: Rodríguez-Delgado, M., Alemán-Nava, G., Rodríguez-Delgado, J., Dieck-Assad, G., Martínez-Chapa, S., Barceló, D., & Parra, R.
- Polarization Shaping for Control of Nonlinear Propagation
Authors: Bouchard, F., Larocque, H., Yao, A., Travis, C., De Leon, I., Rubano, A., Karimi, E., Oppo, G., & Boyd, R.
- Optical response of dipole antennas on an epsilon-near-zero substrate
Authors: Schulz, S., Tahir, A., Alam, M., Upham, J., De Leon, I., & Boyd, R.
- Review-covalent functionalization of carbon nanomaterials for biosensor applications: An update
Authors: Cardenas-Benitez, B., Djordjevic, I., Hosseini, S., Madou, M., & Martinez-Chapa, S.