Marc J. Madou - Faculty
Marc J. Madou
Distinguished University Professor in Nanoengineering
School of Engineering and Science
Metal nanoparticle embedding into Carbon Nanofibers
Renowned researcher in miniaturization sciences (micro- and nano-electromechanical systems). Vice President at the Nanogen Advanced Technology, founder of Teknekron Sensor Development Corporation, and consultant at his own firm since 1993.
He´s been a Distinguished Professor at the University of California Irvine and at the Materials Research Center at Ohio State University. Director of the NSF Center for Industrial Sensors and Measurements. Visiting Professor at UC Berkeley University and Louisiana State University. He has published more than 200 articles in specialized magazines, is a member of the editorial boards of various publications and has published 11 books.
Dr. Marc Madou joined Tecnológico de Monterrey as Distinguished University Professor in Nanoengineering.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Semiconductor Electrochemistry (Physical Chemistry-Solid State Physics), 1978, Solid-State Physics Laboratory, Rijksuniversiteit, Ghent, Belgium - Doctoral thesis: "n-and p-type GaP as Semiconductor Electrodes" (summa cum laude), Rijksuniversiteit, Ghent, Belgium.
- M.Sc., Physical Chemistry, 1975, Rijksuniversiteit, Ghent, Belgium.
- B.Sc., Physical Chemistry, 1973, Rijksuniversiteit, Ghent, Belgium.
- Madou, M.J. (2011). Fundamentals of Microfabrication and Nanotechnology, Three-Volume Set (3rd ed.). CRC Press.
- From MEMS to Bio-MEMS and Bio-NEMS: Manufacturing Techniques and Applications, M.J. Madou, Taylor&Francis, July 2011 (3rd edition).
- Derosh George, Marc J Madou, Edwin A Peraza Hernandez, Practical fabrication methods for 3D origami structures from 2D films patterned via photolithography, Novel Patterning Technologies 2021, Volume 11610 Pages, 116100X, International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2021.
- George D., Madou M.J. (2021) Origami MEMS. In: Dixit U., Dwivedy S. (eds) Mechanical Sciences. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5712-5_9
- Alexandra Perebikovsky, Yujia Liu, Alexander Hwu, Horacio Kido, Ehsan Shamloo, Dian Song, Gabriel Monti, Oren Shoval, Daniel Gussin, Marc Madou, Rapid sample preparation for detection of antibiotic resistance on a microfluidic disc platform. Publication date, La bon Chip, 2021