Ciro A. Rodríguez - Faculty
Ciro A. Rodríguez
Campus Monterrey, School of Engineering and Sciences, Tecnológico de Monterrey.
Prof. Ciro Rodríguez holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin (1989) and a Ph.D. from The Ohio State University (1997). He worked in the automotive and machine tool industry. He was Staff Engineer at the Engineering Research Center for Net Shape Manufacturing in the USA. He is Visiting Scientist at the Osteoengineering Lab of The Ohio State University (2016 to 2018). He is currently Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Advances Materials at Tecnológico de Monterrey. He leads the research group in advanced manufacturing.
His research interests include additive manufacturing, micromanufacturing, tissue engineering and technology innovation. His academic production includes two books, more than 52 journal articles and 7 issued patents. He has graduated 7 Ph.D. students and 40 M.S. students. He has been Principal Investigator of various research projects with funding from government agencies and industry, with total awards exceeding $ 2.5 million USD.
Prof. Rodríguez has given invited lectures and courses in Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, USA, Italy, Venezuela and Mexico. He has been visiting scientist and teacher in Brazil, Costa Rica, Cuba, Spain, USA, Italy, and Portugal.
- Automotive Engineering Project
- Electromechanical Prototype Simulation and Construction
- High Performance Machine Tools
Education and Training
Doctor of Philosophy, The Ohio State University
Master in Science, The Ohio State University
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Manufactura Digital Aplicada a la Regeneracio¿n Guiada de Hueso Alveolar. 2017
- Design Concepts of Polycarbonate-based Intervertebral Lumbar Cages: Finite Element Analysis and Compression Testing. 2016
- ESTUDIO DE ESTABILIDAD EN FRESADO CONSIDERANDO EFECTOS NO LINEALES 2014
- Continuous monoclonal antibody production on a chip. 2013
- Scaling down the production of biopharmaceuticals to continuous micro-chips. 2013
Awards and Honors
Focus Group in Advanced Manufacture, conferred by Tecnológico de Monterrey, 2014
Center for Innovation in Design and Technology - Laboratory Infrastructure, conferred by Tecnológico de Monterrey, 2009
Mexican Researcher Certification - Level 2 (Rodríguez-González, Ciro Angel)