Frequently Asked Questions - Residence Halls
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I enter the Residence Hall at any time?
Of course! We understand that at times you will be studying until late or going out with your friends. However, you must remember to register when entering at your building’s reception, mentioning your name, building and room number.
If at any time you are not going to sleep at the Residence Hall, please notify reception.
2. When can I arrive at and depart from the Residence Hall?
Residents can occupy their rooms as of the Thursday before the first day of classes in semester periods and on the Friday before the first day of classes in summer periods.
Residents must leave the Residence Halls between 24 and 48 hours after the last final exam.
3. I’m not getting on with my roommate, should I leave the Residence Hall?
Of course not! With the help of your prefect and the coordination of your building, we will find a solution to your situation and the best option for your specific case.
4. Can visitors stay over in my room?
Visitors are not allowed to stay in your room. However, you can ask if there are any rooms available and schedule the visit directly with your campus’s Residence Halls.
5. Can I stay at the Residence Halls during vacation periods?
We want you to enjoy your stay in the city and at the Tec, but we also hope you will enjoy your home, so use this time to be with your family or friends, since the Residence Halls are not open after the end of the semester.
6. Can I leave my belongings there during the vacation period?
Some campuses have a storage service for residents who have reserved a space for the following academic period. Sometimes residents must put their belongings away in their closets when the semester has finished.
7. I have a complaint. What should I do?
We are quite sure any complaints will be minimal, since we are constantly working to offer you an excellent experience. In the remote possibility of a complaint, please do not hesitate to share it with your prefect, who will know where to go and will give you instructions.
8. Can I choose my roommate?
Yes you can. You just need to comply with the following requirements:
- The request must be mutual.
- Both should apply to the same building (only Campus Monterrey).
- Both must complete the admission requirements and processes at the same time.
9. Recommendations and/or suggestions regarding items you cannot bring with you:
- Oil lamps
- Double-sided tape
- Electric frying pans
- Electric grills
- Any type of air coolers (water and/or air)
- Coffee makers
- Any piece of equipment that uses an electrical resistor