Privacy Notice for parents and legal guardians
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Personal information and sensitive personal information processed by ITESM
ITESM, as part of its records of parents, legal guardians and other third parties that have a relationship with ITESM, will collect and process personal identification data, personal contact data, personal employment data, personal academic data, personal proprietary data and personal financial data.
Moreover, we should like to inform you that in order to comply with the primary and necessary purposes indicated herein, ITESM will not collect or process sensitive personal information.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes:
- To include you in our database.
- To contact and inform you about the academic and extracurricular performance of the student for whom you are responsible, as long as the student has given his/her consent.
- To process tuition payments of the student for whom you are responsible.
- To conduct socioeconomic studies of the student candidate or students for whom you are responsible applies for financial aid, scholarships and/or loans.
- To manage physical access to ITESM’s facilities.
- To manage electronic access to ITESM’s systems and technological infrastructure.
- To manage the corresponding invoicing and collection processes.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible assistance:
- To send you promotional information on courses, diploma courses, seminars, symposiums, extra-academic workshops and events.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To promote ITESM’s academic life, research, extension, and sports, cultural recreational and social events.
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
- To invite you to meetings, events, forums and associations organized by ITESM.
If you do not wish your personal information to be processed for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address: email@example.com.
Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the services requested or to terminate the relationship established with us.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purposes or any others required by law or the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary information to the following organizations and for the following ends:
Third party receiving the personal data
Sorteos TEC (Tec prize draws)
To promote and offer its products and services
Third-party companies that have entered into collaboration agreements with ITESM
To promote and offer their products and services
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your data for the transfers in which your consent is required, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you in due time and form.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal information by sending an email to the Department of Personal Information of ITESM to email@example.com. You can find out about the procedures, requirements and time limits for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent on our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
Limitation and/or divulgation of your information
You can limit the use or divulgation of your personal information by sending your request to ITESM to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your request is appropriate, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.