CEAL-UAM-Santander Bank Call
Congratulations to the pre-selected students! Good luck in the next round!
With the objective of offering to high-performance students of the Tecnológico de Monterrey a multicultural environment in recognized prestigious international institutions that contributes to their global perspective and their personal development, the Vicerectory of Internationalization of the Tecnológico de Monterrey in collaboration with the Santander Bank and the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM), convene the CEAL program UAM-Santander Bank academic period January - May 2024* to grant a total of (6) six scholarships for professional level students.
See the call for applications HERE >
*Call open for undergraduate students of every campus and every major.
2. Requirements and Applications
3. File Integration
4. Sending the File
5. Importante Dates
6. Contact Information
Congratulations to the Tec de Monterrey students:
Good luck in the next round!
• Monthly allowance of € 900 EUR for 4 ½ months to cover accommodation expenses and maintenance during the academic stay.
• Help for the cost of a plane ticket of € 1000 EUR. 
• Exemption from academic and administrative fees at UAM.
• Accident insurance and travel assistance in Spain.
. The student must cover the amount of their flight, and upon arrival in Spain after signing the scholarship contract, the amount will be reimbursed up to the assigned limit. Upon arrival at the Center for Latin American Studies (CEAL), the student will receive a check with the amount of the first two months (maintenance) and the travel aid. As a scholarship holder of the UAM- Santander Bank Exchange Program, you must open a bank account at the branch of Santander Bank on campus. In this bank account you will receive the amount of your scholarship, with the exception of the first two monthly payments and the travel aid, which you will receive in a registered bank statement.
. The student will pay his or her usual tuition at the Tecnológico de Monterrey, the scholarship granted by Tecnológico de Monterrey applies to this program.
. The medical expenses insurance granted to the winners only has coverage in Spain. Before their displacement, the UAM requests the student to contract the medical insurance for foreign university students in Spain Oncampus Healthcare through the online platform. The cost of contracting the insurance is € 210 EUR, which will be reimbursed to the student upon arrival in Spain. It is important that the winning students consult if it is necessary to acquire another international insurance according to the guidelines of the International Programs Office of the Tecnológico de Monterrey.
• Have Mexican nationality and have a valid passport for the year 2024.
• Be enrolled in one of the Tecnológico de Monterrey campuses during the February - June 2023 semester and meet the requirements to take a semester abroad, established in the Policies and Regulations of the Office of the Vicerectory of Internationalization.
• Be a regular student with a cumulative average higher or equal to 90.
• Being on the 6th semester or further and having at least 6 subjects available (full load of one semester) to accredit it abroad. You must enroll in 30 ECTS, which are approximately 5 UAM subjects that are equivalent here in the Tec to 6 subjects if you take the 30 ECTS. Not all subjects have the same credits.
• Not be a candidate for graduation during the February-June 2024 semester.
• Not having cursed any complete period abroad (Summer, Winter or Semester) during your undergraduate studies.
• Not be conditioned academically or disciplinary. Have a socioeconomic scholarship from the Tecnológico de Monterrey of at least 50% or further.
These requirements must be met to the letter WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Without any of these, the application will not be considered to participate and your file will be discarded.
The deadline to submit your application is Friday, July 14, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. This scholarship is effective only in the February - June 2024 semester.
Fill out the application request and at upload your file: Application >
 The student will be responsible for having a valid passport 6 months after the end of the course (December 2024).
To apply for this scholarship, the file must contain the following documents:
1. Creative video of maximum 1 minute that responds:
• Why is it important for you to have an international academic experience?
• Why did you choose the Autonomous University of Madrid?
• What academic benefits do you think this experience will bring you and how will you apply it in your professional life?
The development of the video is up to you and you can use any technological and/or creativity. You only have to respect the maximum time and cover throughout the video the answers to the questions above. In addition, we recommend that you do not use videos or images by other authors. Once you finish the video you must upload it to your YouTube channel and send us the link to access it. We recommend that when you upload the video, select “unlisted” mode feature that will allow that only the people who receive the link can watch the video.
2. Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV). Free style. One page.
3. Reason letter (maximum one page) addressed to the selection committee detailing:
• Why do you think you should be worthy of this support?
• Why couldn't you have an international academic experience without this financial support?
4. Proof of academic history (download it from MiTec as "My Academic History").
5. List of subjects.
You can only select those subjects indicated as "SEMESTER 2" that you would study at the UAM in case of being selected and attach a brief justification of why each was chosen. In addition, the list of subjects that you would accredit from the study plan of the Tecnológico de Monterrey may be included .
6. Simple copy of current passport.
 Consult Academic Offer: Degree >
 It is important that your Program Director endorse the list of subjects that would be accredited at the UAM.
All these documents must be integrated in the same order, within a single file and in .pdf format which should not exceed 5 MB. The file name must contain: Student ID + Name + Paternal surname + Campus.
(i.e. A0123456 José Martínez MTY).
Important Dates of this Call
Opening June 1st, 2023
Deadline July 14th, 2023
Selection Committee August 3rd, 2023
Announcement of Selected Students August 4th, 2023
Nomination to UAM September 1st, 2023
Q: I applied online and uploaded my file, how can I confirm who received it?
A: When you press the "Send" button, a message will appear a few moments later with the following text:
Your request has been received.
The list of those selected will be published at tec.mx/en/internacionalizacion In addition, we will be notifying you by email of the results of this announcement. Good luck!
We recommend you to be patient and wait for your file to load, you do not need to send us an email to confirm your application, this message confirms it.
Q: I submitted the online application by mistake more than once, which one will be taken into account?
A: Only the last request you submitted will be considered. It will be sorted by date/time and the most recent before closing will be taken into account.
Q: When do you announce the nominees to the UAM?
A: They will be announced the first week of August 2023, we will publish them on our page tec.mx/en/internacionalizacion
Q: If I graduate in the February-June 2024 semester, can I apply?
A: No, it only applies to students graduating in December 2024 onwards.
Q: In the requirements, the student's academic history is requested. Where can I obtain it?
A: You can download it from MiTec, download it as “My Academic History”. The document is also known as FAM Sheet or Kardex.
Q: They ask for a 50% scholarship in the requirements, can it be any scholarship?
A: No, it has to be a socioeconomic scholarship. It can be the total of a scholarship credit plus scholarship socioeconomic (example: 25% scholarship plus 25% credit).
Q: Does the passport have to be valid?
A: Yes, it is recommended; in case it is not current or cannot be renewed we would appreciate it if you could send us a copy of your current passport and a letter where you agree to renew it or inform us that it is already in process. Remember that it is necessary to have a passport with a minimum validity of six months after the date of departure planned.
Q: Do all the academic offers mentioned on the page participate?
A: Yes, all the faculties and the Higher Polytechnic School participate. You just have to be excluded from the CSEU La Salle.
Q: If I get the scholarship, can I use it in any semester?
A: No, the scholarship only applies to be used in the semester February - June 2024.
Q: What will the flight purchase reimbursement be like?
A: You must buy and cover the amount of your flight, and when you arrive in Spain after signing the contract scholarship holder, you will be reimbursed the amount up to the assigned limit. You will be given more information upon arrival at the UAM.
Q: Will the cost of the international insurance requested by the UAM be reimbursed?
A: Yes, the UAM requires the student to take out student health insurance foreign university students in Spain Oncampus Healthcare through the online platform. The cost of contracting the insurance is € 210 EUR, which will be reimbursed to the student at the get to Spain. It is important that the winning students consult if it is necessary to acquire other international insurance according to the guidelines of the International Programs Office from Tecnológico de Monterrey.
Q: In the course list requirement, what do you mean by "Semester 2"?
A: You must select subjects from SEMESTER 2, that is, from the period corresponding to February 2024. It is indicated in the last column of the academic offer. We recommend reviewing all the subjects you wish to revalidate with your program director, it is better that you endorse them.
Q: How many subjects can I enroll in?
A: You must register 30 ECTS, which are approximately 5 UAM subjects that are equivalent to 6 subjects at Tec. Not all subjects have the same credits.
Q: In what way should the video requested in the requirements be uploaded to YouTube?
A: Once you finish the video you must upload it to your YouTube channel and send us the link to access it. We recommend that when you upload the video, select mode "unlisted” feature that will allow only the people who receive the link to be able to watch the video.
• The students of the UAM- Santander Bank program are obliged to enroll in the UAM a minimum of 20 ECTS credits.
• At least 51% of the credits must belong to the Faculty or school in which the student has been admitted.
• The student must pass at least 60% of the credits registered at the UAM.