Privacy Notice for students
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), operating at the address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Personal data and sensitive personal data processed by ITESM
ITESM, as part of its student registration, will process the following categories of personal data: identification (Including your personal Image), contact, authentication, employment, physical characteristics, academic, proprietary, financial, biometric, in some cases, sensitive data related to physical and emotional health.
Moreover, we inform you that the treatment of your data related to any disability (sensitive personal data) will be used with the purpose that ITESM can facilitate the use of the technologies used to provide you with educational services. Likewise, the data related to your health condition (sensitive personal data) to which we could give treatment will be used with the purpose of providing you with first contact medical assistance during your visit to the facilities, in case of emergency or due to the nature of the legal relationship that links you to ITESM. We are committed to treating your personal sensitive data under strict security measures guaranteeing confidentiality.
We should also like to inform you that ITESM will process personal identification contact, academic, employment and pproprietary data of your family members and/or third parties with whom you have a relationship, either because they exercise their parental authority or they provide you with the financial support required to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes of the legal relationship established with you. Therefore, by providing the necessary personal data related to your family members and/or third parties, you are acknowledging that you have their consent for ITESM to process such personal data in order to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes indicated herein.
ITESM will process your personal data for the following primary and necessary purposes in order to fulfill our obligations derived from our legal relationship:
- For the evaluation, improvement, administration, procurement and delivery of all services we offer (including the design and development of new services) and perform all activities that are necessary for academic and extracurricular development and to contribute to your integral formation.
- To validate the veracity and quality of your provided information, including data verification by governmental instances with which we have a collaboration agreement.
- To be able to participate, fulfill and follow up on the procedures and institutional activities foreseen in guides, procedures, regulations, standards, codes or internal policies.
- To evaluate you and inform you of your academic and extracurricular performance.
- To provide you with knowledge of the highest ethical, scientific, cultural, technological and professional level.
- If requested, to grant financial aid, scholarships and/or loans, as long as you meet the stipulated requirements.
- To send you information about school and student life affairs and administration.
- If requested, to enroll you and participate in liaison programs, including internationalization programs, with educational and non-educational institutions abroad.
- To create your student profile and assign you a student ID number.
- To identify you in exams.
- To attend, register and follow up on your request for accommodation in Residencias Tec, if applicable.
- To manage your academic studies at ITESM.
- To manage physical access to the ITESM facilities.
- To manage electronic access to ITESM’s systems and technological infrastructure.
- To contact your family members or third-party contacts in the event of an emergency.
- For the accreditation, contracting, and/or cancellation of the necessary insurance, including those that you request.
- To formulate weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- To manage the corresponding invoicing and collection processes.
- To record and award credit for social-community service and internships, whenever necessary.
- If requested, for accident prevention, nutrition and psychological assistance programs, as well as for administering and reviewing medical examinations.
- To conduct random non-medical drug testing procedures to prevent and avoid health risks.
- If you are candidate for professional health risk prevention and control assessments to keep attendance and attention records for the same.
- To produce identifications
- To purchase and sell certificates.
- To revalidate and transfer credit for studies, and to complete the necessary procedures with the corresponding education authorities.
- To enroll you in extracurricular events and/or activities in which you participate as a representative of ITESM.
- To administer surveys and evaluations related to the quality of the products and services we offer (ECOA and ECAG).
- To keep a medical record and control of your medication and health requirements, and to determine whether you are physically fit enough to participate in sports and/or other necessary activities.
- When applicable, to keep record of your credit history and behavior.
- When necessary, to report to the credit bureau database that you have failed to comply with the payment obligation derived from the legal relationship with ITESM, in which case, the use of your information will be governed by the provisions of the Mexican Credit Bureau Regulation Law (Ley para Regular las Sociedades de Información Crediticia.
- To use your personal image (whether in the form of photography, video, or any other similar medium) to make internal and external publications about your academic career, participation in events, as well as to promote ITESM.
- To attend, register and follow up on the reports and/or support requests you make due to the use of the system and technological infrastructure.
- In case you use our job board platform to manage your professional profile, allow you to apply to vacancies of third party companies, as well as recommend you to internship or job vacancies.
- To fulfill the obligations provided for in the applicable regulations.
We should also like to inform you that you cannot request ITESM to cease from processing your data for the aforementioned primary and necessary purposes, since such processing is necessary to fulfill the obligations derived from the relationship between you and ITESM.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible attention:
- To send you promotional information on extracurricular courses, diploma courses, seminars, symposiums, workshops, scholarships, financial aid, loans and events.
- To use and divulge your personal image (photograph, video, etc.) to generate informative and promotional materials.
- To disseminate congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognition of outstanding achievements.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To conduct consumer habit surveys.
- To promote ITESM’s academic life, research, extension, and sports, cultural recreational and social events.
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
- To inform your family members and/or previously authorized third parties about your academic and extracurricular performance.
- To administer surveys and evaluations, and use references and necessary information regarding the above for assessment by firms that classify, evaluate and/or rank educational institutions.
If you wish to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the body of the message your full name, your relationship with the Institute and that you do not want your personal data to be processed for any or all of the secondary purposes.
Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the services requested or to terminate the relationship established with us.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purpose(s) or any others required by law or the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary personal data to the following organizations and for the following ends:
|Third party receiving the personal data||Purpose||Consent|
|Authorized scholarship program donors||To inform them of your academic performance and corroborate such financial aid.||Not required|
|Foreign or national Third Party Service Providers||To fulfill the obligations arising from the legal relationship with you and the purposes stated in this privacy notice.||Not required|
|Banking institutions||To manage and process the necessary payments.||Not required|
|Companies and national and foreign educational institutions that have signed collaboration and/or service agreements with ITESM.||To enable access to online educational platforms and delivery of distance courses.||Required|
|Companies that form part of the ITESM career center||To offer job opportunities and recommend you.||Required|
|Companies that form part of the ITESM partnership group||For the appropriate provision of the legal relationship we have with you.||Not required|
|Companies, institutions and/or third parties that execute collaborations, events, contests and/or competitions||To enroll you in the diverse events, contests and/or competitions in which you participate as a representative of ITESM (student, cultural, artistic, social development, sports activities, etc.)||Not required|
|Companies, institutions and/or third parties that have signed agreements with ITESM||To record and award credit for social service; and to recommend you to diverse companies for their internship vacancies.||Not required|
|Competent authorities||When required by law.||Not required|
|Credit Bureaus||To feed credit bureau databases, in accordance with the provisions of Ley para Regular las Sociedades de Información Crediticia.||Not required|
|Dirección General del Registro Nacional de Población e Identidad, dependiente de la Secretaría de Gobernación||To validate the quality of your information.||Not required|
|Education authorities||Authorize studies, grades, exams and certifications when required by Law.||Not required|
|Firms that rank and/or evaluate educational institutions||To administer surveys or use information to assess our educational services.||Not required|
|Foreign educational and non-educational institutions||
To make the necessary arrangements for the celebration and execution of:
|Insurance companies, agencies and/or companies with which ITESM has entered into agreements or legal arrangements||To manage the needs for hiring/cancelling insurance and/or refunds.||
National and foreign educational and non-educational institutions
|To validate the authenticity of certificates, diplomas, degree certificates or degrees issued in your favor.||Required|
|Sorteos TEC||To promote and offer its products and services.||Required|
|Third parties on whom you are financially dependent (parents, legal guardians, etc.)||To inform them of your academic performance, statement and to endorse the support.||Required|
|Third-party companies that have entered into collaboration agreements with ITESM||To promote and offer its products and services.||Required|
|ITESM Student Associations and organizations||Make contact and collaboration arrangement with the student community.||Required|
|Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACyT)||
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your personal data for the transfers in which your consent is required, please send an email to email@example.com, indicating in the body of the message your full name, your relationship with the Institute and the purpose or purposes for which you do not want your information to be transferred.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email and following the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent of our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
Please note that it is not always possible for us to comply with your request or to terminate use immediately, as we may be required by law to continue processing your personal data.
Limitation and/or Disclosure of your Data
You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org unless the communication you receive you can register directly for the exclusion list.
The requirements for proving your identity, as well as the procedure for dealing with your request, will be governed by the same criteria indicated on our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent. If applicable, you will be registered on ITESM's own exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to improve the efficiency of the Platform including your experience when navigating the site. Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored in the browser used by each user so that the server remembers certain information that can be used later. This information allows us to identify you and save your personal preferences to provide you with a better browsing experience.
- Select the "settings" or tools option according to your browser.
- Select the option to disable cookies.
- This process will not only disable cookies from our Platform, but from your entire browser.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are as follows: Identifiers, user names and passwords for a session; region in which you are; type of browser; type of operating system; date and time of the start and end of a session; web pages visited; searches carried out and advertising reviewed. These technologies may be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time. Derived from legislative developments, internal policies or new requirements for the provision or offering of our services, this Privacy Notice will be subject to modification or update. In such case, ITESM will publish such modifications on the site: https://tec.mx/es/aviso-de-privacidad-alumnos and will indicate the date of the last version of the notice. We recommend that you check this page periodically to see if any changes to the present notice have occurred.
Last update: September 2020