Privacy Notice for students
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Personal information and sensitive personal information processed by ITESM
ITESM, as part of its student registration, will collect and process personal identification data, personal contact data, personal employment data, personal data on physical characteristics, personal academic data, personal proprietary data, personal financial data and personal biometric data and in some cases, personal data related to your physical and emotional health.
Moreover, we should like to inform you that the purpose of processing your sensitive personal information is to fulfill the obligations derived from the legal relationship we have with you. We undertake to use such information under the strictest security measures, guaranteeing confidentiality.
We should also like to inform you that ITESM will collect and process the personal identification data, personal contact data, personal academic data, personal employment data and personal proprietary data of your family members and/or third parties with whom you have a relationship, either because they exercise their parental authority or they provide you with financial support in order to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes of the legal relationship established with you. Therefore, by providing the necessary personal information related to your family members and/or third parties, you acknowledge that you have their consent for ITESM to process such personal information in order to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes indicated herein.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes in order to fulfill the obligations derived from our legal relationship:
* To provide you with all the educational services and carry out all the necessary activities for your academic and extracurricular development, and to contribute to your comprehensive preparation.
* To evaluate you and inform you of your academic and extracurricular performance.
* To disseminate you knowledge of the highest ethical, scientific, cultural, technological and professional level.
* If requested, to provide you with financial aid, scholarships and/or loans, if the stipulated requirements are met.
* To send you information on academic and administrative matters.
* If requested, to register and participate in programs of connection, including internationalization, with educational and non-educational institutions abroad.
* To create your student profile and assign a student ID number.
* To identify you in exams.
* To assign and/or select dorms.
* To manage your academic studies at ITESM.
* To manage physical access to the ITESM facilities.
* To manage electronic access to ITESM’s systems and technological infrastructure.
* To contact your family members or third-party contacts in case of an emergency.
* To acquire and/or cancel the necessary insurance policies.
* To formulate weekly, monthly and annual reports.
* To manage the corresponding invoicing and collection processes.
* To record and award credit for social-community service and internships, in those cases where it is necessary to obtain it.
* If requested, for accident prevention, nutrition and psychological assistance programs and the administering and review of medical tests.
* If randomly selected, to conduct detection tests for non-medical drugs to prevent and avoid health risks.
* If you are a candidate for professional assessment for the prevention and control of health risks, to keep an attendance and attention record for such professional assessment.
* To produce identifications.
* To purchase and sell certificates.
* To revalidate and award credit for studies, and to complete the necessary procedures with the corresponding educational authorities.
* To enroll you in extracurricular events and/or activities in which you participate as a representative of ITESM.
* For surveys and evaluations related to the quality of products and services we offer (ECOA and ECAG)
* To keep a record and medical control of your medication and health requirements and to determine whether you are fit enough to participate in sports and/or other necessary activities.
* When applicable, to keep record of your credit behavior and history.
* In the cases that require it, to send to the database of the credit bureau in case you fail to comply with the obligation of payment derived from the legal relationship with ITESM, in which case, the use of your information will be governed by co-ordination with what is established by the “Ley para Regular las Sociedades de Información Crediticia”
We inform you that you can not oppose for ITESM to stop processing your data for the primary and necessary purposes mentioned above, because its treatment is necessary to comply with the obligations arising from the relationship between you and ITESM.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible assistance:
* To send you promotional information on courses, diploma courses, seminars, symposiums, extra-academic workshops and events.
* To use and divulge your personal image (photograph, video, etc.) to generate informative and promotional materials.
* To disseminate congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognition of outstanding achievements.
* To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
* To manage your profile in our career center.
* To recommend you to diverse companies for their internship vacancies.
* To recommend you to companies belonging to the ITESM career center regarding job vacancies.
* To conduct consumer habit surveys.
* To promote ITESM’s academic life, research, extension, and sports, cultural recreational and social events.
* To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
* To inform your family members and/or authorized third parties about your academic and extracurricular performance.
* For the application of surveys, evaluations, references and necessary information regarding the above for the assessment of companies dedicated to classifier, evaluate and/or position various educational institutions.
If you do not wish your personal information to be processed for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address: DATOSPERSONALES@ITESM.MX, indicating your full name, your relationship with the Institute and that you do not want your personal data to be treated for secondary purposes. Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the services requested or to terminate the relationship established with us.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purposes or any others required by law or the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary information to the following organizations and for the following ends:
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your data for the transfers in which your consent is required, please send an email to DATOSPERSONALES@ITESM.MX, indicating your full name, your relationship with the Institute and the purpose o purposes for which you do not want your personal data to be treated.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal information by sending an email to the “Departamento de Datos Personales” of ITESM to DATOSPERSONALES@ITESM.MX indicating your full name, your relationship with the Institute.
You can find out about the procedures, requirements and time limits for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent on our website HTTPS://TEC.MX/EN/ARCO-RIGHTS-ANDOR-REVOCATION-CONSENT.
Limitation and/or divulgation of your information
You can limit the use or divulgation of your personal information by sending your request to ITESM to the email DATOSPERSONALES@ITESM.MX. If your request is appropriate, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
by following the procedures of the internet browser being used.
Privacy Notice Changes
ITESM will notify you of any changes to its privacy notice through the link HTTP://TEC.MX/ and then accessing your Privacy Notice
Last updated on: 14/09/2018