Privacy Notice for students
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Personal information and sensitive personal information processed by ITESM
ITESM, as part of its student registration, will collect and process personal identification data, personal contact data, personal employment data, personal data on physical characteristics, personal academic data, personal proprietary data, personal financial data and personal biometric data.
Moreover, we should like to inform you that the purpose of processing your sensitive personal information is to fulfill the obligations derived from the legal relationship we have with you. We undertake to use such information under the strictest security measures, guaranteeing confidentiality.
We should also like to inform you that ITESM will collect and process the personal identification data, personal contact data, personal academic data, personal employment data and personal proprietary data of your family members and/or third parties with whom you have a relationship, either because they exercise their parental authority or they provide you with financial support in order to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes of the legal relationship established with you. Therefore, by providing the necessary personal information related to your family members and/or third parties, you acknowledge that you have their consent for ITESM to process such personal information in order to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes indicated herein.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes in order to fulfill the obligations derived from our legal relationship:
- To provide you with all the educational services and carry out all the necessary activities for your academic an extracurricular development, and to contribute to your comprehensive preparation.
- To evaluate you and inform you of your academic and extracurricular performance.
- To disseminate knowledge of the highest ethical, scientific, cultural, technological and professional level.
- If requested, to provide you with financial aid, scholarships and/or loans, if the stipulated requirements are met.
- To send you information on academic and administrative matters.
- To modify the sixth primary purpose: If requested, enroll you in liaison programs with overseas universities.
- To create your student profile and assign a student ID number.
- To identify you in exams.
- To assign and/or select dorms.
- To manage your academic studies at ITESM.
- To manage physical access to the ITESM facilities.
- To manage electronic access to ITESM’s systems and technological infrastructure.
- To contact your family members or third-party contacts in case of an emergency.
- To acquire and/or cancel the necessary insurance policies.
- To formulate weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- To manage the corresponding invoicing and collection processes.
- To record and award credit for social-community service and internships.
- If requested, for accident prevention, nutrition and psychological assistance programs and the administering and review of medical tests.
- If randomly selected, to conduct detection tests for non-medical drugs to prevent and avoid health risks.
- If you are a candidate for professional assessment for the prevention and control of health risks, to keep an attendance and attention record for such professional assessment.
- To produce identifications.
- To purchase and sell certificates.
- To revalidate and award credit for studies, and to complete the necessary procedures with the corresponding educational authorities.
- To enroll you in extracurricular events and/or activities in which you participate as a representative of ITESM.
- To keep a record and medical control of your medication and health requirements, and to determine whether you are fit enough to participate in sports and/or other necessary activities.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible assistance:
- To send you promotional information on courses, diploma courses, seminars, symposiums, extra-academic workshops and events.
- To use and divulge your personal image (photograph, video, etc.) to generate informative and promotional materials.
- To disseminate congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognition of outstanding achievements.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To manage your profile in our career center.
- To recommend you to diverse companies for their internship vacancies.
- To recommend you to companies belonging to the ITESM career center regarding job vacancies.
- To conduct consumer habit surveys.
- To promote ITESM’s academic life, research, extension, and sports, cultural recreational and social events.
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
- To inform your family members and/or authorized third parties about your academic and extracurricular performance.
If you do not wish your personal information to be processed for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address: email@example.com.
Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the services requested or to terminate the relationship established with us.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purposes or any others required by law or the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary information to the following organizations and for the following ends:
|Third party receiving the personal data||Purpose||Consent|
|Foreign universities||Student exchange||Not required|
|Educational authorities||Authorize studies, grades, exams and certifications when required by Law.||Not required|
|Companies that form part of the ITESM career center||To offer job opportunities||Required|
|National and foreign educational and non-education institutions||To validate the authenticity of certificates, diplomas, degree certificates or degrees issued in your favor||Required|
|Companies, institutions and/or third parties that organize events, contests and/or competitions||To enroll you in diverse events, contests and/or competitions in which you participate as a representative of ITESM (Student, cultural, artistic, sports activities, etc.)||Not required|
|Companies that form part of the ITESM partnership group||For the appropriate provision of the legal relationship we have with you||Not required|
|Banking institutions||To manage the necessary payments||Not required|
|Sorteos TEC (Tec prize draws)||To promote and offer its products and services||Required|
|Insurance companies||For insurance and/or refund arrangements||Not required|
|Third-party companies that have entered into collaboration agreements with ITESM||To promote and offer its products and services||Required|
|Third parties on whom you are financially dependent to comply with the legal relationship with you (parents, legal guardians, scholarship donors, etc.) to inform them about your academic performance, account statement and/or in case of emergencies||To inform about your academic performance and/or in case of emergencies||Required|
|Competent authorities||When required by law||Not required|
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your data for the transfers in which your consent is required, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you in due time and form.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal information by sending an email to the Department of Personal Information of ITESM to email@example.com. You can find out about the procedures, requirements and time limits for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent on our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
Limitation and/or divulgation of your information
You can limit the use or divulgation of your personal information by sending your request to ITESM to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your request is appropriate, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
Privacy Notice Changes
ITESM will notify you of any changes to its privacy notice through the link http://tec.mx/ and then the section Privacy Notice.