Privacy Notice for students
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), operating at the address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Personal data and sensitive personal data processed by ITESM
ITESM, as part of its student registration, will collect and process personal identification data, personal contact data, personal employment data, personal data on physical characteristics, personal academic data, personal proprietary data, personal financial data, personal biometric data and, in some cases, personal data related to physical and emotional health.
Moreover, we should like to inform you that the purpose of processing your sensitive personal data is for ITESM to fulfill the obligations derived from the legal relationship we have with you. We undertake to use such data under the strictest security measures, thereby guaranteeing confidentiality. p>
We should also like to inform you that ITESM will gather and process the personal identification data, personal contact data, personal academic data, personal employment data and personal proprietary data of your family members and/or third parties with whom you have a relationship, either because they exercise their parental authority or they provide you with the financial support required to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes of the legal relationship established with you. Therefore, by providing the necessary personal data related to your family members and/or third parties, you are acknowledging that you have their consent for ITESM to process such personal data in order to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes indicated herein.
ITESM will process your personal data for the following primary and necessary purposes in order to fulfill our obligations derived from our legal relationship:
- To provide you with all the educational services and carry out all the necessary activities for academic and extracurricular development, and to contribute to your comprehensive preparation.
- To evaluate you and inform you of your academic and extracurricular performance.
- To provide you with knowledge of the highest ethical, scientific, cultural, technological and professional level.
- If requested, to grant financial aid, scholarships and/or loans, as long as you meet the stipulated requirements.
- To send you information on academic and administrative matters.
- If requested, to enroll you and participate in liaison programs, including internationalization programs, with educational and non-educational institutions abroad.
- To create your student profile and assign you a student ID number.
- To identify you in exams.
- To assign and/or select residence halls, where applicable.
- To manage your academic studies at ITESM.
- To manage physical access to the ITESM facilities.
- To manage electronic access to ITESM’s systems and technological infrastructure.
- To contact your family members or third-party contacts in the event of an emergency.
- To acquire and/or cancel the necessary insurance policies.
- To formulate weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- To manage the corresponding invoicing and collection processes.
- To record and award credit for social-community service and internships, whenever necessary.
- If requested, for accident prevention, nutrition and psychological assistance programs, as well as for administering and reviewing medical examinations.
- To conduct random non-medical drug testing procedures to prevent and avoid health risks.
- If you are candidate for professional health risk prevention and control assessments to keep attendance and attention records for the same.
- To produce identifications.
- To purchase and sell certificates.
- To revalidate and transfer credit for studies, and to complete the necessary procedures with the corresponding education authorities.
- To enroll you in extracurricular events and/or activities in which you participate as a representative of ITESM.
- To administer surveys and evaluations related to the quality of the products and services we offer (ECOA and ECAG).
- To keep a medical record and control of your medication and health requirements, and to determine whether you are physically fit enough to participate in sports and/or other necessary activities.
- When applicable, to keep record of your credit history and behavior.
- When necessary, to report to the credit bureau database that you have failed to comply with the payment obligation derived from the legal relationship with ITESM, in which case, the use of your information will be governed by the provisions of the Mexican Credit Bureau Regulation Law (Ley para Regular las Sociedades de Información Crediticia.
We should also like to inform you that you cannot request ITESM to cease from processing your data for the aforementioned primary and necessary purposes, since such processing is necessary to fulfill the obligations derived from the relationship between you and ITESM.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible attention:
- To send you promotional information on extracurricular courses, diploma courses, seminars, symposiums and workshops, and events.
- To use and divulge your personal image (photograph, video, etc.) to generate informative and promotional materials.
- To disseminate congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognition of outstanding achievements.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To manage your profile in our career center, if applicable.
- To recommend you to diverse companies for their internship vacancies, if applicable.
- To recommend you to companies belonging to the ITESM career center regarding job vacancies.
- To conduct consumer habit surveys.
- To promote ITESM’s academic life, research, extension, and sports, cultural recreational and social events.
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
- To inform your family members and/or previously authorized third parties about your academic and extracurricular performance.
- To administer surveys and evaluations, and use references and necessary information regarding the above for assessment by firms that classify, evaluate and/or rank educational institutions.
If you wish to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address DATOSPERSONALES@ITESM.MX, indicating in the body of the message your full name, your relationship with the Institute and that you do not want your personal data to be processed for any or all of the secondary purposes.
Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the services requested or to terminate the relationship established with us.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purpose(s) or any others required by law or the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary personal data to the following organizations and for the following ends:
|Third party receiving the personal data
|Foreign educational and non-educational institutions||For student exchange
|Education authorities||Authorize studies, grades, exams and certifications when required by Law||Not required
|Companies that form part of the ITESM career center
|To offer job opportunities>
|Companies, institutions and/or third parties that have signed agreements with ITESM
|To record and award credit for social service; and to recommend you to diverse companies for their internship vacancies.||Not required|
|National and foreign educational and non-educational institutions||To validate the authenticity of certificates, diplomas, degree certificates or degrees issued in your favor.||Required|
|Companies, institutions and/or third parties that execute collaborations, events, contests and/or competitions||To enroll you in the diverse events, contests and/or competitions in which you participate as a representative of ITESM (student, cultural, artistic, social development, sports activities, etc.)||Not required|
|Companies that form part of the ITESM partnership group||For the appropriate provision of the legal relationship we have with you.||Not required|
|Banking institutions||To manage and process the necessary payments.||Not required|
|Sorteos TEC (Tec prize draws)||To promote and offer its products and services.||Required|
|Insurance companies||To manage insurance policies and/or refunds.||Not required|
|Third-party companies that have entered into collaboration agreements with ITESM||To promote and offer its products and services.||Required|
|Third parties on whom you are financially dependent (parents, legal guardians, etc.)||To inform them of your academic performance.||Required|
|Authorized scholarship program donors||To inform them of your academic performance and corroborate such financial aid.||
Third parties authorized by you as responsible for tuition payments.
|To inform them of your account statement and academic performance, and corroborate their support.||Required|
|Companies and national and foreign educational institutions that have signed collaboration and/or service agreements with ITESM.||To enable access to online educational platforms and delivery of distance courses.||Required|
|Firms that rank and/or evaluate educational institutions||To administer surveys or use information to assess our educational services.||Not required|
|Credit Bureaus||To feed credit bureau databases, in accordance with the provisions of the Mexican Credit Bureau Regulation Law.||Not required|
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your personal data for the transfers in which your consent is required, please send an email to DATOSPERSONALES@ITESM.MX, indicating in the body of the message your full name, your relationship with the Institute and the purpose or purposes for which you do not want your information to be transferred.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email to the ITESM Department of Personal Data, at DATOSPERSONALES@ITESM.MX, indicating in the body of the message your full name and your relationship with the Institute.
Further information on the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent can be found on our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
Limitation and/or Disclosure of your Data
You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to: DATOSPERSONALES@ITESM.MX. If your request is valid, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Last update: 14/09/2018