Privacy Notice Rómulo Garza Research and Innovation Award
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Personal data and sensitive personal data processed by ITESM
As part of your registration as a candidate to the Rómulo Garza Award, ITESM will process the following categories of personal data: identification (including image and voice), contact, employment, academic, proprietary, and those related to the research work with which you are participating in the Call.
Moreover, in order to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes indicated herein, ITESM will not collect or process any sensitive personal data.
In addition, when you participate in certain types of Calls, ITESM will process the following personal data: identification, contact and employment of the professor who is principal thesis advisor, project supervising professor, third-party referees, article, book or project coauthors (“Third Parties”), for which you acknowledge having the consent of the aforementioned for ITESM to process their data under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes:
- To address, record, and follow up on your request(s) for information.
- To arrange and manage electronic access to the technological infrastructure to register as a nominee.
- To check that you meet the nomination requirements for the Call in which you have chosen to participate.
- To validate the veracity and quality of the information you provided.
- To evaluate the jury’s proposal.
- If you are a winner, to contact you and inform you of the logistics of the prize-giving event.
- During the prize-giving event, you could be photographed and/or videorecorded to generate support materials deemed relevant for all the promotional and informative purposes of ITESM and that will be published or distributed in Mexico or abroad through print or electronic media, such as: websites, social networks, brochures and/or advertisements. In addition, we will not associate your name with the photograph or video recording, except in the cases in which you are the award winner. The authorization you grant to us, in accordance with the Federal Copyright Law, is voluntary and free of charge.
- To keep a historical record of your participation.
- To generate statistics for internal control purposes.
- To include in the Compendium, which could be compiled, your identification data and the summary of the project, article, book or thesis with which you are participating.
- If you are a winner, for possible contacts to develop print or digital material to disseminate your contribution to Research and Innovation. To make the necessary arrangements for the issue and delivery of the monetary prize.
We should like to inform you that you cannot ask ITESM to cease from the treatment of your data for the aforementioned purposes, since such treatment is necessary in order to provide you with the services requested.
If you agree, ITESM will process your personal data for the following additional purposes:
- To send you invitations to attend prize-giving events of other editions of the Award.
- To send you information related to new editions of the Rómulo Garza Award. If you wish to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data for any or all of the secondary purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating: Your full name and the email in which you receive invitations or communications. Copy of your official ID. The name of this Privacy Notice Rómulo Garza Award for Research and Development The secondary purpose(s) for which you do not want your data to be processed. If you wish subsequently to limit the use of your data for the secondary purposes, you can follow the abovementioned process or register in the exclusion list for the communications made known to you.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purposes or any others required by law or by the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary personal data to the following organizations and for the following ends:
|Third Party Receiving the Personal Data||Purpose||Consent|
|The Award Sponsors||To inform them that you are the winner.||Not required|
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email and following the procedure, requirements, and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent on our webpage: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
Please note that we cannot address your request or terminate use immediately in every case, since a legal obligation could be in place that requires us to continue to process your data.
Options for limiting the use or disclosure of your Personal Data You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to: email@example.com.
Requirements for proof of identity and the procedure for addressing your request will be governed by the same criteria indicated on our webpage: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento. If your request is valid, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to enhance the efficiency of the Platform, including your browsing experience. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on the browser used by each user that enable the server to remember specific data that can be used later on. This information makes it possible to identify and save your personal preferences in order to offer you a better browsing experience.
- Select the option “configuration” or tools, according to your browser.
- Select the option deactivate cookies.
This process disables all the cookies on your browser, but not those from our Platform.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are: Identifiers, session username and passwords, region where you are located, type of browser, type of operating system, date and time of starting and finishing a session, webpages visited, searches completed, and advertising viewed. These technologies can be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right to modify, change or update this privacy notice at any time. The updated version of this notice is available in the Privacy Notice section on the following webpage: https://tec.mx/es/aviso-de-privacidad-premio-la-investigacion-e-innovacion-romulo-garza.
Last updated: 08/06/202o