Privacy Notice for Continuing Education
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), operating at the address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México, C.P. 64849.
Personal data and sensitive personal data processed by ITESM
In order to comply with the purposes of processing indicated in this Privacy Notice, it is necessary for ITESM to process the following personal data categories:
- Identification data (including photo identification and biometrics related to facial recognition);
- Authentication data;
- Contact data;
- Location data;
- Academic background data;
- Employment data;
- Related to your areas of interest;
- Financial and/or patrimonial data.
Likewise, we inform you that, in order to comply with the purposes indicated in this Privacy Notice, ITESM will not gather or process sensitive data.
ITESM will process your personal data to fulfill the following primary and necessary purposes:
- Identify you, validate your identity, issue you access credentials and allow you to enter our facilities.
- Guarantee the safety and physical integrity of the people who are in our facilities and/or are part of ITESM.
- To manage the request(s) you make in relation to the services ITESM provides or may provide to you.
- For the evaluation, improvement, administration, procurement and delivery of all services we offer (including the design and development of new services) and perform all activities that are necessary for academic and extracurricular development and to contribute to your integral formation.
- To validate the veracity and quality of the information provided by you or that which may be obtained from other lawful sources to which ITESM may have access, including the verification of your data before governmental agencies or third parties.
- To allow your participation in the requested academic activities as well as to make the necessary arrangements to provide you with the products or services you require;
- To fulfill and follow up on the procedures and institutional activities foreseen in guides, procedures, regulations, standards, codes or internal policies.
- If applicable, to manage electronic access to ITESM’s systems and technological infrastructure.
- Disclose your opinions to third parties regarding our products and services.
- To use your personal image (whether in the form of photography, video, or any other similar medium) to make internal and external publications about your academic career, participation in events, as well as to promote ITESM.
- Manage the issuance, delivery and reissuance of the physical and/or digital documents that certify that you have completed the course and/or training program.
- Manage payments, discounts when applicable, refunds and billing for products and services provided to you, including collection activities.
- When applicable, to keep record of your credit history and behavior.
- When necessary, to report to the credit bureau database that you have failed to comply with the payment obligation derived from the legal relationship with ITESM, in which case, the use of your information will be governed by the provisions of the Ley para Regular las Sociedades de Información Crediticia.
- To keep a historical and statistical record of the products and services purchased by you as well as to customize our service offerings according to your interests.
- To comply with the obligations contracted between a third party that contract with us to provide you with our services.
- If applicable, to manage your participant profile.
- To fulfill the obligations provided for in the applicable regulations.
We should also like to inform you that you cannot request ITESM to cease from processing your data for the aforementioned primary and necessary purposes, since such processing is necessary to fulfill the obligations derived from the relationship between you and ITESM.
Additionally, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible attention:
- To send you, our own or third party, information that we believe may be of interest to you, or that may be related to the products and services we offer. For the application of surveys and evaluations.
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
- To carry out statistic reports, prior dissociation of your personal data through an appropriate mechanism.
- To carry out research studies, prior dissociation of your personal data through an appropriate mechanism.
- To develop and to consolidate prospective student profiles, prior dissociation of your personal data through an appropriate mechanism.
If you do not want ITESM to process your personal data for any of the purposes described in this section, please send an email to email@example.com. You may change your option at any time, following the procedure, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or revocation of consent on our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
It is important that you keep in mind that, in case you give your consent, it will remain valid even when the legal relationship between you and ITESM has ended, which means that ITESM may continue to process your personal data necessary to fulfill these secondary purposes.
Based on the provisions of article 37 of the LFPDPPP, ITESM may transfer your personal data without requiring your consent in the following cases:
- To controlling companies, subsidiaries or affiliates under common control of the responsible party, or to a parent company or any company of the same group of the responsible party that operates under the same internal processes and policies;
- Competent authorities in the cases foreseen by the applicable regulations, in the event that we receive a mandatory requirement.
- When it is necessary for the maintenance or fulfillment of the legal relationship between you and ITESM, as in the case of individuals or legal entities, national or international, with which an agreement has been reached:
|Third party receiving the personal data||Purpose|
|Individuals or legal entities, national or international, with which we have entered into binding legal agreements.||To comply with the obligations contracted with You by virtue of the products and/or services contracted with us or those of which You may be a creditor, beneficiary or participant.|
Similarly, if you consent, ITESM will transfer your personal data to the following organizations and for the following purposes:
|Third party receiving the personal data||Purpose|
|Enseñanza e Investigación Superior, A.C. (Universidad Tecmilenio and Sorteos Tec).||To carry out the promotion and offering of its products, events, and/or services, in connection with its activities.|
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your personal data for those transfers for which your consent is required, please send an email following the procedure, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent from our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and following the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent of our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
It is important that you keep in mind that your request will be answered within the timeframes provided by the applicable regulations and not in all cases we will be able to answer your request or conclude the use immediately, since it is possible that due to some legal obligation we may need to continue processing your personal data.
Limitation and / or Disclosure of your Personal Data
You may limit the use or disclosure of your personal data in events or activities that are carried out through digital tools and platforms, by not activating the camera, not using your personal image in the account with which you connect and/or not registering with your profile (it will depend on the platform used to carry out the event or activity).
In email communications, by subscribing to the unsubscribe list, when available in the communication itself.
In other cases, you may limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to email@example.com.
The requirements to prove your identity, as well as the procedure to attend your request will be governed by the same criteria indicated in our web page: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento. In case it is appropriate, you will be registered in ITESM's own exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to improve the efficiency of the Platform including your experience when navigating the site. Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored in the browser used by each user so that the server remembers certain information that can be used later. This information allows us to identify you and save your personal preferences to provide you with a better browsing experience.
- Select the "settings" or tools option, according to your browser.
- Select the option to disable cookies.
- This process will not only disable cookies from our Platform, but from your entire browser.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are as follows: Identifiers, user names and passwords for a session; region in which you are; type of browser; type of operating system; date and time of the start and end of a session; web pages visited; searches carried out and advertising reviewed. These technologies may be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
ITESM Personal Data Department
It is important to inform you that ITESM has a Personal Data Department which, as part of its functions, is responsible to attend any questions you may have regarding the use of your information. Likewise, the Personal Data Department will follow up on any complaint or claim you may have related to the treatment of your personal information.
You may contact the ITESM Personal Data Department by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If deemed necessary, we inform you that you have the right to go before the Instituto Nacional de Transparencia Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos Personales (INAI) to assert any disagreement related to the processing of your personal data by ITESM.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time. Derived from legislative developments, internal policies or new requirements for the provision or offering of our services, this Privacy Notice will be subject to modification or update. In such case, ITESM will publish such modifications on the site: https://tec.mx/es/aviso-de-privacidad-prospectos-educacion-continua and will indicate the date of the last version of the notice. We recommend you periodically check this page to see if any changes to the present notice have occurred.
Last update: March 2021