National Director of Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship, Administration and Business Management
Ján Rehák, PhD. is a Slovakia born entrepreneur, business professor and researcher, currently teaching entrepreneurship, business development and business model innovation at Tecnológico de Monterrey in Queretaro. Ján studied business management in Slovakia and Germany and holds a master's degree in strategic management from Comenius University.
During his master's degree studies, he co-founded his first businesses in Bratislava, Slovakia. He founded and managed a business consulting company Erener Group, and a financial consulting firm VedEko. He started his PhD studies, while teaching business management at Comenius University in Bratislava, and formed a part in the development of a technology startup SmartIS, focused on developing innovative LMS systems.
During his early consulting and entrepreneurial career, Ján worked with a number of businesses as a consultant in the area of finance and business model development in Central Europe. After his arrival to Mexico as a visiting professor at Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Queretaro in mid-2015, Ján has been dedicated to developing entrepreneurs and businesses in Mexico, developing business models and validation strategies for dozens of traditional as well as social impact startups. As a part of his educational work, he is dedicated to business consulting for the Tec de Monterrey high impact incubator, and as a faculty advisor for an international student movement Enactus focused on social entrepreneurship. Besides his work as a business professor, Ján is dedicated to research of entrepreneurship and innovation.
He is part of Global Entrepreneurship Monitor research teams both in Slovakia and Mexico and focuses on inclusive and impact entrepreneurship in his research, while being a member of the National Researcher System of National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT).
Ján shares his experience in entrepreneurship and innovation through workshops and conferences in Mexico and Latin America (Colombia, Guatemala, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Chile, among others), where he works with businesses and students from different backgrounds. In recent years he has also been involved as a partner in a fintech startup and a social business consulting company in Queretaro, and is a managing partner at the first venture capital fund founded in Queretaro, Tera Sigma Venture Capital.
Ján believes that the way to have impact in this world is through sustainable innovative entrepreneurship and education, which he preaches through his work as a business professor, researcher, consultant, mentor and entrepreneur.
- Business Model Innovation
- Business Strategic Foresight
- Entrepreneurial Experience Internship
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
- Family Business Acceleration Models
- Incubation and Business Models
- Incubation and Financing of New Ventures
- Innovation in Business Models and Family Business Management
- Innovative social entrepreneurship
- Integrative Project
- Leadership for Entrepreneurial Development
- Pre-Incubation and Business Feasibility
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Do Senior Entrepreneurs Differ From Youth Entrepreneurs? Evidences From Global Entrepreneurship Monitor
- Entrepreneurial Intention Among Mexican University Students: The Effect of Entrepreneurship Education and Professional Networks
- Entrepreneurship education as a process-oriented learning
- Experiential Case-based Method: A practical approach to case-based education
- Minimum Wage Experiment: An Innovation Fostering Social Entrepreneurship
Education and Training
- Doctor of Business Administration, Comenius University in Bratislava
- Master in Business Administration, Comenius University in Bratislava
- Business Administration, Comenius University in Bratislava