Formation that transforms lives
Tecnológico de Monterrey’s goal is to produce information capable of transforming lives.
We use educational experiences to shape individuals into agents of change willing to work for the benefit of all—individuals who take responsibility for their own lives and are aware that their actions can transform others—capable, talented, upright, committed, involved visionaries with a global perspective and entrepreneurial spirit, not only at the university, but in all spheres of their lives.
Our students’ education is a vital component of our ability to excel. Students are encouraged to transform their economic, political, environmental, and social realities on a social, professional, and personal level.
The principles underlying the vision, educational philosophy, identity, and unity of all campuses and academic units pertaining to Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, or Tecnológico de Monterrey, are based on the ideals of our founders and serve as an ethical reference point for the rules that directly govern our institutional and academic decisions and behaviors.
Tecnológico de Monterrey is committed to core values and promotes ethical behavior. The members of our university community are committed to honesty, respect for personal dignity, justice, equality, responsibility, trust, solidarity, hard work, fulfillment of duty, and self-realization.
Diversity of thought and academic freedom
Tecnológico de Monterrey is committed to diversity of thought and cultural diversity. We respect the academic freedom of our professors, provided their activities and goals do not conflict with our principles, vision, or operations. Academic freedom includes a professor’s responsibility to respect his or her students’ intellectual freedom and values and involves refraining from proselytizing on behalf of any one political, religious, or ideological group.
Tecnológico de Monterrey operates under the principle of equal opportunity. For this reason, we do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, medical condition, religion, political affiliation, or disability status.
Tecnológico de Monterrey is committed to sustainable development. This can be seen in the research, teaching, and operations we carry out. For Tecnológico de Monterrey, sustainability means thinking about a future where environmental, social, and economic considerations are balanced in the search for a better quality of life.
Creating and developing socially responsible companies
Tecnológico de Monterrey is committed to creating and developing socially responsible companies in a market economy. We promote innovation, creativity, the use of technology, and an entrepreneurial spirit in all our community members.
Desarrollo permanente de profesores y colaboradores
Estamos comprometidos con el desarrollo permanente de quienes laboran en la institución, poniendo a su disposición diversos recursos para ese fin. Es responsabilidad de profesores y colaboradores aprovecharlos para actualizarse permanentemente y fortalecer así su vocación académica, su desarrollo profesional y su crecimiento personal.
Apertura al debate de los grandes temas
Propiciamos la apertura a la discusión de los grandes temas del entorno político, económico, social y cultural tanto nacional como global. Para tal propósito promovemos la presencia en la institución de científicos, intelectuales, políticos y otros líderes de opinión para exponer y debatir sus puntos de vista, con el fin de contribuir a la formación de los integrantes de la comunidad educativa como personas, ciudadanos y profesionales.
The principles in which our Vision, our educational philosophy, our identity and all of our Campus and academic entities unity, are based in the Tecnológico de Monterrey founders´ ideals. Also, they are an ethical reference for the group of norms and reglaments that determine, in a direct way, institutional and academic decisions and their behavior.
Innovation: We are passionate about the disruption that generates value.
- We break paradigms creating new opportunities for our public.
- We are entrepreneurs, we generate ideas oriented to the public we serve and make them a reality.
- We support and recognize people, so they can generate changes, take risks and learn from their mistakes.
Integrity: We exert freedom with responsibility.
- We are congruent, we lead with the truth and reject non-ethical behavior.
- We are responsible of our behavior and our decisions are consistent with our principles and values.
- We use the Institution´s resources in an austere and honest manner.
Collaboration: We achieve the vision together.
- We encourage and recognize collaborative and multidisciplinary work.
- We act with high standards, we empower people and remove barriers that prevent us from collaborating.
- We place collective success before individual achievements.
Empathy and Inclusion: We always put people in first place.
- We take time to listen, understand, support and develop our community members.
- We respect the dignity of people and value the diversity of our community.
- We encourage compassion and learn to live in harmony with our differences.
Global Citizenship: We work for a sustainable world.
- We are conscious citizens with a global vision.
- We work together to solve the problems of the world and those of the most vulnerable communities.
- We promote sustainable development for the benefit of future generations and the planet.