Privacy Notice XHTEC 94.9
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.Personal data and sensitive personal data processed by ITESM
To fulfill the data processing purposes indicated herein, ITESM must collect and process the following categories of personal data:
Identification data (including your photograph that you provide voluntarily or obtained from social networks);
- Contact data;
- Location data;
- Data related to your occupation and professional career.
Moreover, ITESM can process the personal data of third parties related to you in order to fulfill the purposes described herein. In this way, you acknowledge having the consent of the aforementioned third parties for ITESM to process their data under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes:
- To address, record, and follow up on your request(s) for information.
- To validate the veracity and quality of the information you provided.
- To manage your participation in the activities and services we offer, including registration in giveaways and contests to obtain gifts and free passes, congratulations, music requests, or to give opinions on the issues being discussed, among others, and to know your opinion of the service received.
- To inform the general public that you have won or been selected, when you participate in activities whose participation requirements so specify. Therefore, on participating in these initiatives you agree that your information will become public knowledge for the purposes of the corresponding initiative.
- To comply with and follow up on the guideline terms and conditions or the conditions applicable to the service being received or the activity in which you are participating.
- To identify you when you participate in person in events or activities or when they are broadcast live online (streaming) through social networks, through social networks, digital tools, and platforms that so permit, including those that allow their conservation and subsequent reproduction.
- If you are a winner, to arrange delivery of the corresponding gift, prize and/or free pass, and to carry out the attention and delivery procedure with our sponsors, where applicable.
- When you participate as a guest on one of our programs, to identify you to our audience, and to publish your personal image and contact and professional career data on diverse broadcasting channels.
- If you participate in an activity that involves contacting a third party, to inform the same that it is at your request.
- To comply with the obligations set forth in the applicable legislation.
We should like to inform you that you cannot ask ITESM to cease from processing your data for the aforementioned purposes, since such processing is necessary to provide you with the requested services.
If you agree, ITESM will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, tele-marketing or financial campaign purposes.
- The legitimation of the aforementioned secondary purpose is based on your consent, which means that at any time you can oppose the same or revoke your consent.
If you wish to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data for any or all of the secondary purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the provisions of article 37 of the LFPDPPP (Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties), ITESM can transfer your personal data without the need for your consent in the following cases:
Controlling, subsidiary or affiliate companies under the common control of the responsible entity, or a parent company or any company from the same group as the responsible entity which operates under the same processes and internal policies.
The competent authorities for the cases set forth in the applicable legislation, in the event that we receive a requisition for mandatory compliance.
When necessary for maintaining or fulfilling the legal relationship between you and ITESM, such as in the following cases:
|Third party receiving the personal data||Purpose|
|Sponsors||To arrange the issue or delivery of the gift, product, courtesy pass and/or prize that you have won.|
|Third-party service providers located in and outside of Mexico who provide us with their services||To comply with the obligations derived from the legal relationship between you and ITESM and the purposes set forth herein.|
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your personal data for the transfers for which your consent is required, please send us an email to the address: email@example.com, following the procedure set forth in https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent .
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and following the procedure, requirements, and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent on our webpage: https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent
Please note that your request will be dealt with within the deadlines established in the applicable legislation and that we cannot address your request in every case, since a legal obligation could be in place that requires us to continue to process your data.
Options for limiting the use or disclosure of your Personal Data
You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data in the events or activities carried out through digital tools and platforms, by not activating the camera, not using your personal image in the account with which you connect, and/or not registering with your profile (depending on the platform used to carry out the event or activity).
In all other cases, you can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to email@example.com.
Requirements for proof of identity and the procedure for addressing your request will be governed by the same criteria as those indicated on our webpage: https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent . If your request is valid, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to enhance the efficiency of the Platform, including your browsing experience. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on the browser used by each user that enable the server to remember specific data that can be used later on. This information makes it possible to identify and save your personal preferences in order to offer you a better browsing experience.
- Select the option “configuration” or tools, according to your browser.
- Select the option deactivate cookies.
This process not only disables all the cookies from our Platform, but also those from your browser.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are: Identifiers, session username and passwords, region where you are located, type of browser, type of operating system, date and time of starting and finishing a session, webpages visited, searches completed, and advertising viewed. These technologies can be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
ITESM Personal Data Department
It is important for you to know that ITESM has a Personal Data Department which, as part of its functions, is responsible for resolving any questions you may have related to the use of your information. Moreover, the Personal Data Department will follow up on any complaint or claim that you may have in relation to the processing of your personal information.
You can contact the ITESM Personal Data Department by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to inform you that, if necessary, you have the right to turn to the National Institute for Transparency, Access to Information and Personal Data Protection (INAI) if you have any objections regarding the processing of your personal information by ITESM.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or eliminate parts of this Privacy Notice at any time. As a result of legislative changes, internal policies or new requirements for the provision or offering of our services, this Privacy Notice is subject to modifications or updates. In this event, ITESM will publish such changes on the official website: https://tec.mx/en/privacy-notice/xhtec .
Last Update: November 2020