Privacy Notice for employees
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Personal data processed by ITESM
In order to fulfill the purposes indicated herein, ITESM will process personal identification data, personal contact data, family members’ data, employment data, data on physical characteristics, academic data, data on life habits and interests, your and your family’s immigration data (in the case of foreigners or in order to work abroad), biometric data, proprietary and/or financial data, and data related to you family members. By providing the necessary personal information related to your family members, you acknowledge that you have their consent for ITESM to process such personal information in order to contact them and name them as beneficiaries for insurance policies.
Moreover, we should like to inform you that if necessary, given the nature of your position, we will collect sensitive personal data related to your health status. Such information is processed to verify that you meet the necessary medical conditions to carry out the work required of you, which is why your consent is excepted in this case.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes in order to fulfill the obligations derived from our legal relationship:
- To generate your employee file.
- To create an employee profile to manage your employment at ITESM.
- To present you with an economic proposal.
- To perform medical check-ups (executives only).
- To manage physical access to the ITESM facilities.
- To manage electronic access to ITESM’s systems and technological infrastructure.
- To manage payroll services, including, but not limited to, salary transactions, payment of overtime and other benefits.
- Registration in life and health insurance policies and any others deemed necessary by ITESM for you and/or your family members, and registration in voluntary insurance policies that you request in accordance with the agreements signed by ITESM with the different insurance companies.
- To designate life insurance beneficiaries.
- Accident prevention, nutrition and psychological assistance programs and medical tests.
- Management and/or operation of your savings account, savings funds (including the designation of beneficiaries) and grocery voucher card.
- To provide training.
- To manage performance and personal and professional development tools.
- To create and implement analytical and statistical processes.
- To comply with the provisions of the work contract you signed with ITESM and all those that apply according to the Federal Labor Law, IMSS (Social Security Institute) and INFONAVIT (National Workers’ Housing Fund Institute), among others.
- To evaluate, design and award, manage, collect and procure payroll credits and other benefits in cash and in kind, financial aid, scholarships, and recreational, cultural and sports activities.
- To carry out immigration procedures and/or renew the corresponding immigration permits (for foreigners).
- For comprehensive wellbeing programs.
- Upon termination of the labor relationship, to complete all the necessary disassociation procedures.
- To give you job references in keeping with the applicable laws.
- In short, to carry out all the necessary activities to manage and oversee your position and other job benefits.
In addition, ITESM will process the personal information of third parties indicated by you on your job application and/or any other applicable document to contact them in emergencies.
Finally, you cannot request ITESM to cease from processing your information for the aforementioned primary and necessary purposes, since such processing is necessary in order to fulfill the obligations derived from the relationship between you and ITESM.
Also, if you agree, ITESM will process your personal information for secondary purposes related to the enhancement and development of the best work environment and climate (such as disseminating congratulations and other celebrations and special days). Your personal image (photographs, video, etc.) could be used to generate informative and promotional materials.
If you do not wish your personal information to be processed for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the services requested or to terminate the relationship established with us.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purposes or any others required by law or the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary information to the following organizations and for the following ends:
|Third party receiving the personal data||Purpose||Consent|
Sorteos TEC (Tec prize draws)(Enseñanza e Investigación Superior, A.C.)
|To promote and offer its products and services||Required|
|Institutional Savings Account||To manage the savings account||Not required|
|Labor authorities and/or other competent authorities||To comply with legal provisions||Not required|
|Companies that form part of the ITESM partnership group||To use the facilities and other infrastructure to which you may have access, and to contact you in the event that a job that fits your profile becomes available||Not required|
|Insurance companies||For insurance and/or refund arrangements||Not required|
|Accommodation forms for you and your family||To organize accommodation in the country where you will be working||Not required|
|Airlines||To move you and your family to the country where you will be working||Not required|
|Company that provides Grocery Voucher Cards||To deliver the grocery voucher benefit||Not required|
|Banking institutions||To execute the corresponding payments||Not required|
|Competent authorities||When required by law||Not required|
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your data for the transfers in which your consent is required, please send an email to email@example.com, and we will assist you in due time and form.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal information by sending an email to the Department of Personal Information of ITESM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your petition must be made through the ARCO Rights Application Form, which can be requested at the aforementioned email address. So the ITESM Data Protection Department can follow up on your application, you or your legal representative must prove your identity for all necessary purposes and complete all the sections indicated on the ARCO Rights Application Form and enclose a copy of one of the current official identifications specified therein. For further information on the procedures, requirements and time periods for the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or revocation of consent, please contact the ITESM Data Protection Department.
Our Data Protection Department is at your service to provide any additional information you require or, where appropriate, to solve any questions you might have regarding personal information privacy and protection. Please contact us a t the following email: email@example.com.
Limitation and/or divulgation of your information
You can limit the use or divulgation of your personal information by sending your request to ITESM to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your request is appropriate, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
Privacy Notice Changes
ITESM will notify you of any changes to its privacy notice through the link http://tec.mx/.
ITESM Personal Data Department
Our Personal Data Department is at your service to provide any additional information you require or, where appropriate, to solve any questions you might have regarding personal information privacy and protection. Please contact us a t the following email: email@example.com.