Privacy Notice Tec Media
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64700.
If you have any questions related to the protection of your personal data, you can contact us at the following email: email@example.com.
Personal data and sensitive personal data processed by ITESM
To fulfill the data processing purposes indicated herein, ITESM must collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data
- Demographic data
- Authentication data
- Location data
- Contact data
- Subscription data
- Data related to the device you use to access the website/Platform
- Data related to the device your interactions and participations on the website/Platform
- Data related to your relationship with ITESM
- Identification and contact data of the people you recommend
Moreover, in order to fulfill the purposes indicated herein, ITESM will not collect or process any sensitive personal data.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes:
- To provide you with digital products and services, including the delivery of personalized content or recommendations.
- To inform you of competitions, promotions, events or similar initiatives we carry out and that are related to the digital products and services we offer.
- To obtain information and analyze the way in which you interact with the digital products and services and how you respond to them.
- To address, record, and follow up on any requests for information, support, and/or complaints you may file.
- To inform third parties that you have recommended them to learn about our digital products and services and/or to participate in competitions, promotions, event or similar initiatives, where appropriate.
- To protect the rights of ITESM or third parties.
If you agree, ITESM will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To generate statistical reports, after applying a personal data dissociation mechanism.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To develop and unify profiles, after applying a personal data dissociation mechanism.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications, including offers or promotions regarding ITESM’s or third-party products, services or other initiatives that we deem relevant for you.
- The legitimation of the aforementioned secondary purpose is based on your consent, which means that at any time you can oppose the same or revoke your consent.
If you wish to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data for any or all of the secondary purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the provisions of article 37 of the LFPDPPP (Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties), ITESM can transfer your personal data without the need for your consent in the following cases:
- Controlling, subsidiary or affiliate companies under the common control of the responsible entity, or a parent company or any company from the same group as the responsible entity which operates under the same processes and internal policies.
- The competent authorities for the cases set forth in the applicable legislation, in the event that we receive a requisition for mandatory compliance.
- When necessary for maintaining or fulfilling the legal relationship between you and ITESM.
In the same way, if you agree, ITESM will transfer your personal data to the organizations and for the following purposes:
|THIRD PARTY RECEIVING THE PERSONAL DATA
|Third-party companies that have entered into agreement with ITESM
|To promote and offer its products and services.
|To promote and offer its products and services.
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your personal data for the transfers for which your consent is required, please send us an email to the following address email@example.com within 5 (five) business days following the date on which you provided us with your data, indicating the following in the body of the message:
- Full name and email provided.
- Copy of your current official ID.
- The name of this Privacy Notice.
- The date on which your provided us with your personal data.
- The transfer(s) for which you do not wish your personal data to be transferred.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email and following the procedure, requirements, and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent on our webpage: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento
Please note that we cannot address your request or terminate use immediately in every case, since a legal obligation could be in place that requires us to continue to process your data
Options for limiting the use or disclosure of your Personal Data
You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for proof of identity and the procedure for addressing your request will be governed by the same criteria indicated on our webpage: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento. If your request is valid, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to enhance the efficiency of the Platform, including your browsing experience. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on the browser used by each user that enable the server to remember specific data that can be used later on. This information makes it possible to identify and save your personal preferences in order to offer you a better browsing experience.
- Select the option “configuration” or tools, according to your browser.
- Select the option deactivate cookies.
- This process disables all the cookies on your browser, but not those from our Platform.
- The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are: Identifiers, session username and passwords, region where you are located, type of browser, type of operating system, date and time of starting and finishing a session, webpages visited, searches completed, and advertising viewed.
- These technologies can be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or eliminate parts of this Privacy Notice at any time. As a result of legislative changes, internal policies or new requirements for the provision of offering of our services, this Privacy Notice is subject to modifications or updates. In this event, ITESM will publish such changes on the official website: https://tec.mx/es/aviso-privacidad-tec-media.
Last updated: August 2020