Privacy Notice for alumni
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), operating at the address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México, C.P. 64849.
Personal data and personal sensitive data processed by ITESM
In order to comply with the purposes of processing indicated in this Privacy Notice, it is necessary for ITESM to process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data (including your personal image through photographs and/or videos);
- Contact data;
- Location data;
- Authentication data;
- Data that you provide and/or that are generated from mitec|EXATEC portal use;
- Employment data;
- Academic data;
- Financial and property data;
Likewise, we inform you that in order to comply with the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice ITESM will process sensitive personal data related to your present and/or future health condition.
On the other hand, we inform you that ITESM may process personal data of third parties that you designate as contact persons, personal references or as beneficiaries, in order to fulfill the purposes informed in this Privacy Notice. Thus, by providing them, you acknowledge having their consent for ITESM to process their personal data in terms of this Privacy Notice and the applicable regulations.
Your personal data will be processed for the following primary and necessary purposes:
- To attend, register and follow up on the request(s) you make for the use of our services.
- To evaluate, improve, administer, procure and provide all services we offer (including the design and development of new services) and to perform all activities necessary to do so.
- To perform activities of analysis of information and data related to your person through the application of automated processes and various techniques and data analysis technologies that allow us to better understand your profile, skills and interests. In connection with this treatment you may exercise, if so desired, the Rights of access and rectification of your personal information in accordance with the procedure provided in the ARCO Rights and revocation of consent section of this Privacy Notice.
- To keep you informed of the products and services available to you or third parties related to you, as well as those that we consider relevant according to your status as EXATEC.
- To validate the accuracy and quality of the information provided by you.
- To manage your participation in the activities in which you register or enroll and to know your opinion regarding the attention received and your participation (example: events, clubs, associations, etc.).
- To comply with and follow up on the terms and conditions, guidelines or regulations applicable to the service you receive or activity in which you participate.
- When you request it, to provide you with your EXATEC email account and allow you access to said platform.
- To manage electronic access to ITESM's systems and technological infrastructure.
- To share your information, through the “Directorio de Generación”, with the members of your generation, as well as to allow them to contact you.
- If applicable, to keep a record of events and vacancies published by ITESM.
- If requested and applicable, to manage your profile in our “Bolsa de Trabajo” (Job board).
- If applicable, for the elaboration of the credential that identifies you as EXATEC.
- If applicable, for the corresponding billing and collection processes.
- In the applicable cases, to keep a record of your credit history and behavior.
- In cases where required, to send to the credit bureau database in case you fail to comply with the payment obligation arising from the legal relationship with ITESM, in which case, the use of your information will be governed in accordance with the provisions of the “Ley para Regular las Sociedades de Información Crediticia” (Law).
- To identify you when the events or activities in which you participate, either in person or online, are transmitted live (streaming) through social networks, digital tools and platforms that allow it, including those that allow its conservation and subsequent reproduction online.
- When you request it, to manage your participation in recognition activities or to encourage you to participate in activities organized by the Institution (example: awards, contests, trivia, etc.). Also, when the participation requirements establish it, to make public knowledge, as the case may be, that you have been the winner or have been recognized.
- To publicly recognize you when you have been nominated by another member of the community in the contests and awards that we organize or in which we participate.
- In case you nominate a member of the EXATEC community, to inform the nominee.
- To comply with the obligations set forth in the applicable regulations.
We inform you that the refusal to process your data for the above-mentioned primary purposes would imply the impossibility to comply with the requested services and to comply with the legal relationship with you.
If you consent, we will use your personal data for the following secondary purposes:
- To send financial campaigns, advertising and marketing communications, and commercial prospecting of products and services of our own and/or from third parties, through various media channels, both physical and electronic.
- To use and disclosed your personal image (whether photo, video, etc.) in the preparation of informational and promotional material.
- To disseminate congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognition for outstanding achievements.
- For the application of surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To promote ITESM's academic, research, extension, sports, cultural, recreational and social events.
- To invite you to meetings, events, forums and associations with alumni.
- For the application of surveys, evaluations, references and necessary information regarding ITESM, the above for the valuation of companies dedicated to classify, evaluate and / or position various educational institutions.
The above secondary purposes are based on your consent. This means that you can object to these purposes at any time or revoke your consent.
If you do not want ITESM to process your personal data for any of the purposes described in this section, please send an email to email@example.com. You may change your option at any time, following the procedure, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or revocation of consent on our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
Based on the provisions of article 37 of the LFPDPPP, ITESM may transfer your personal data without requiring your consent in the following cases:
- To controlling companies, subsidiaries or affiliates under common control of the responsible party (ITESM), or to a parent company or any company of the same group of the responsible party that operates under the same internal processes and policies; - Competent authorities in the cases foreseen by the applicable regulations, in the event that we receive a mandatory requirement.
- When it is necessary for the maintenance or fulfillment of the legal relationship between you and ITESM, such as the case of individuals or legal entities, national or international, with which we have entered into binding legal agreements:
|THIRD PARTY RECEIVING THE PERSONAL DATA||PURPOSE|
|Educational and non-educational institutions||To validate the authenticity of certificates, diplomas, degree certificates and degrees issued in your favor|
|Competent Authorities||In legal cases|
|Credit Bureaus||To feed credit bureau databases, in accordance with the provisions of “Ley para Regular las Sociedades de Información Crediticia”|
|Firms that rank and / or evaluate educational institutions||To administer surveys or use information to assess our educational services|
|Third Party Service Providers||To fulfill the obligations arising from the legal relationship with you and the purposes stated in this privacy notice|
If you do not object, we will share your personal data with the following organizations for the following purposes:
|THIRD PARTY RECEIVING THE PERSONAL DATA||PURPOSE|
|Employers and / or companies related to recruitment processes||To corroborate and / or confirm academic background evidence|
|Sorteos TEC||To promote and offer its products and services|
|EXATEC Associations, Clubs and Organizations||To make contact and collaboration arrangements among the EXATEC community|
|Third Party Companies that have entered into collaboration agreements with ITESM||To promote and offer its products and services|
|Third Party Companies that are part of ITESM´s “Bolsa de Trabajo” (Job board)||To recommend you and offer you job opportunities for which you are a candidate according to your profile|
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your personal data for those transfers for which your consent is required, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and following the procedure, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent from our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email to: email@example.com and following the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent of our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
It is important to note that not in all cases we will be able to fulfill your request or terminate the use immediately, since it is possible that due to some legal obligation we required to continue processing your personal data.
Choices and means to limit the use or disclosure of your Personal Data
You may limit the use or disclosure of your personal data in events or activities that are carried out through digital tools and platforms, by not activating the camera, not using your personal image in the account with which you connect and/or not registering with your profile (it will depend on the platform used to carry out the event or activity).
In e-mail communications, by subscribing to the unsubscribe list, when it is available in the communication itself.
In all other cases, you may limit the use or disclosure of your personal information by email us your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The requirements for proving your identity, as well as the procedure for dealing with your request, will be governed by the same criteria indicated on our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento. If applicable, you will be registered on ITESM's own exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to improve the efficiency of the Platform including your experience when navigating the site. Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored in the browser used by each user so that the server remembers certain information that can be used later. This information allows us to identify you and save your personal preferences to provide you with a better browsing experience.
- Select the "settings" or tools option, according to your browser.
- Select the option to disable cookies.
- This process will not only disable cookies from our Platform, but from your entire browser.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are as follows: Identifiers, user names and passwords for a session; region in which you are; type of browser; type of operating system; date and time of the start and end of a session; web pages visited; searches carried out and advertising reviewed. These technologies may be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
ITESM Personal Data Department
It is important to inform you that ITESM has a Personal Data Department which, as part of its functions, is responsible to attend any questions you may have regarding the use of your information. Likewise, the Personal Data Department will follow up on any complaint or claim you may have related to the treatment of your personal information.
You may contact the ITESM Personal Data Department by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
If deemed necessary, we inform you that you have the right to go before the “Instituto Nacional de Transparencia Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos Personales (INAI)” to assert any disagreement related to the processing of your personal data by ITESM.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time. Derived from legislative developments, internal policies or new requirements for the provision or offering of our services, this Privacy Notice will be subject to modification or update. In such case, ITESM will publish such modifications on the site: https://tec.mx/en/privacy-notice-alumni and will indicate the date of the last version of the notice. We recommend you periodically check this page to see if any changes to the present notice have occurred.
Last update: May 2021