Privacy Notice for alumni
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The responsible entity that is accountable for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Treatment and use of personal data by ITESM
ITESM, as part of the registration of its alumni, will collect and treat personal identification data, personal contact data, personal academic data, personal business data, personal property data, personal data related to disabilities, and personal financial data.
In addition, we should like to inform you that in order to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes set forth herein, ITESM will not collect or treat sensitive personal data other than those indicated in the previous paragraph.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes:
- To create an alumni profile.
- If requested and applicable, to manage your profile in our job listing center.
- If applicable, to generate the ID tag that identifies you as an ITESM alumnus.
- If applicable, to manage the corresponding invoicing and collection procedures.
- If applicable, to keep a record of your credit history and behavior.
- If necessary, to send information to the credit bureau database if you fail to comply with payment obligations derived from the legal relationship with ITESM, in which case, the use of your data will be governed by the provisions of the Law for Regulating Credit Reporting Agencies.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible assistance:
- To send you promotional information on courses, diploma courses, seminars, symposiums, extra-academic workshops and events.
- To use and divulge your personal image (photograph, video, etc.) to generate informative and promotional materials.
- To send and inform you of congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognitions for outstanding achievements.
- To use massive analyses data techniques for profiling activities, combining information given by you, and information possessed by ITESM, public information sources (including social networks), and that information that can be obtained using different technologies related to data analysis. The latest, in order to determine your ability to provide donations and contributions on behalf of the different funding programs held by ITESM.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to enhance the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To promote academic life, research, extension, and sports, cultural, recreational and social events implemented by ITESM.
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
- To invite you to meetings, events, forums and associations with alumni.
- To use surveys, evaluations, references and any necessary information regarding ITESM, for the assessment of companies devoted to classifying, evaluating and positioning diverse educational institutions.
If you do not wish your personal information to be treated and used for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the body of the message your full name, relationship with the Institute, and that you do not want your information to be treated for secondary purposes.
Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the requested services or terminate the relationship established with us.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purposes or any others required by law or by the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary personal data to the following organizations or for the followings ends:
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your data for the transfers in which your consent is required, please send an email to email@example.com, indicating in the body of the message your full name, your relationship with the institute, and the purpose or purposes for which you do not want your data to be transferred.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”) and revoke your consent for the treatment of your personal data by sending an email to the ITESM Department of Personal Data at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the body of the message your full name and your relationship with the institute.
In this regard, information on the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or revocation of consent can be found on our website https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
Limitation and/or disclosure of data
You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to ITESM to the email email@example.com. If applicable, you will be included in ITESM’s exclusion list.
Last updated on: 01/02/2018