Privacy Notice for Tec Educational Investment
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The Controller of the personal information you provide is the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), domiciled at the address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México, C.P. 64700.
Personal data and personal sensitive data processed by ITESM
In order to comply with the purposes of processing indicated in this Privacy Notice, it is necessary for ITESM to process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data;
- Contact data;
- Third parties related with you identification;
- Financial and property data;
- Location data;
- Authentication data;
Likewise, we inform you that, in order to comply with the purposes stated in this Notice, ITESM will not collect or process sensitive personal data.
ITESM will process your personal data for the following primary purposes:
- To contact you to offer our certificates.
- To attend, register and follow up on the request(s) you make for the use of our services.
- To manage electronic access and profiles on the ITESM digital and/or electronic platforms in relation with TEC Educational Investment.
- Send you communications, notifications and personal notices through different channels and technological communication mechanisms that ITESM considers pertinent in order to inform you of relevant information about the status of your participation in the activities you have registered or enrolled in or any matter that may be of interest to you; as well as to know your opinion regarding the attention you have received and the services we offer.
- To generate invoicing and collection processes related to the purchase of TEC Educational Investment certificates.
- To keep a record of your certificate acquisition.
- To complete all the procedures related to the acquisition of TEC Educational Investment certificates (reimbursement, delivery, duplication, change of beneficiary, change of level, change of holder).
- To evaluate, improve, administer, procure and provide all services we offer (including the design and development of new services) and to perform all activities necessary to do so.
- To prepare reports for internal control.
- To perform activities of analysis of information and data related to your person through the application of automated processes various techniques and data analysis technologies that allow us to better understand your profile, skills and interests. With regard to this processing, you may exercise, if you wish, the Rights of access and rectification of your personal information in accordance with the procedure provided in the Notice of the ARCO Rights section and revocation of consent of this Privacy.
- To validate the accuracy and quality of the information provided by you.
- To manage your participation in the activities in which you register or enroll.
- To comply with and follow up on the terms and conditions, guidelines or regulations applicable to the service you receive or activity in which you participate.
- To identify you when the events or activities in which you participate, either in person or online, are transmitted live (streaming) through social networks, digital tools and platforms that allow it, including those that allow its conservation and subsequent reproduction online.
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or potentially threats to the safety of any person, violations of the terms and conditions of participation in the Program or the Mobile Application, or as otherwise required by law.
- To comply with the obligations set forth in the applicable regulations.
We inform you that the refusal to process your data for the above-mentioned primary purposes would imply the impossibility to comply with the legal relationship with you and allow, as appropriate, your participation in the applicable activities or events.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes, which are not necessary for the service you request from us, but which allow and facilitate us to provide you with better service:
- To send you publicity and/or financial advertising campaigns, marketing and/or telemarketing communications, either for our own and/or third parties' products and/or services, through any existing and/or future media or communication channel.
- To promote ITESM’s academic life, research, extension, and sports, cultural recreational and social events.
- To invite you to meetings, events, forums and associations organized by ITESM.
- To disseminate congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognition of outstanding achievements.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To use and divulge your personal image (photograph, video, etc.) to generate informative and promotional materials.
If you do not want ITESM to process your personal data for any of the purposes described in this section, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may change your option at any time, following the procedure, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or revocation of consent on our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
It is important that you keep in mind that, in case of granting your consent, it will remain valid even when the legal relationship between you and ITESM has ended, which means that ITESM may continue to process your personal data necessary to fulfill these secondary purposes.
Based on the provisions of article 37 of the LFPDPPP, ITESM may transfer your personal data without requiring your consent in the following cases:
- To controlling companies, subsidiaries or affiliates under common control of the responsible party (ITESM), or to a parent company or any company of the same group of the Controller party that operates under the same internal processes and policies;
- Competent authorities in the cases foreseen by the applicable regulations, in the event that we receive a mandatory requirement.
- When it is necessary for the maintenance or fulfillment of the legal relationship between you and ITESM, such as the case of individuals or legal entities, national or international, with which we have entered into binding legal agreements.
If you do not want ITESM to transfer your personal data for those transfers for which your consent is required, please send an email following the procedure, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent from our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email and following the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent of our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
It is important to note that not in all cases we will be able to fulfill your request or terminate the use immediately, since it is possible that due to some legal obligation we were required to continue processing your personal data.
Limitation and/or Disclosure of your Data
You may limit the use or disclosure of your personal data in events or activities that are carried out through digital tools and platforms, by not activating the camera, not using your personal image in the account with which you connect and/or not registering with your profile (it will depend on the platform used to carry out the event or activity).
In e-mail communications, by subscribing to the unsubscribe list, when it is available in the communication itself.
In all other cases, you may limit the use or disclosure of your personal information by email us your request to: email@example.com.
The requirements for proving your identity, as well as the procedure for dealing with your request, will be governed by the same criteria indicated on our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento. If applicable, you will be registered on ITESM's own exclusion list
ITESM uses several technologies to improve the efficiency of the Platform including your experience when navigating the site. Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored in the browser used by each user so that the server remembers certain information that can be used later. This information allows us to identify you and save your personal preferences to provide you with a better browsing experience.
- Select the "settings" or tools option, according to your browser.
- Select the option to disable cookies.
- This process will not only disable cookies from our Platform, but from your entire browser.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are as follows: Identifiers, user names and passwords for a session; region in which you are; type of browser; type of operating system; date and time of the start and end of a session; web pages visited; searches carried out and advertising reviewed. These technologies may be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
ITESM Personal Data Department
It is important to inform you that ITESM has a Personal Data Department which, as part of its functions, is responsible to attend any questions you may have regarding the use of your information. Likewise, the Personal Data Department will follow up on any complaint or claim you may have related to the treatment of your personal information.
You may contact the ITESM Personal Data Department by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If deemed necessary, we inform you that you have the right to go before the Instituto Nacional de Transparencia Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos Personales (INAI) to assert any disagreement related to the processing of your personal data by ITESM.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time. Derived from legislative developments, internal policies or new requirements for the provision or offering of our services, this Privacy Notice will be subject to modification or update. In such case, ITESM will publish such modifications on the site: https://tec.mx/privacy-notice-tec-educational-investment and will indicate the date of the last version of the notice. We recommend you periodically check this page to see if any changes to the present notice have occurred.
Last update: January 2022