Privacy Notice Mentefactura 2020
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
If you have any questions related to the protection of your personal data, you can contact us at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data and sensitive personal data processed by ITESM
To fulfill the data processing purposes indicated herein, ITESM must collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data, including your personal image
- Contact data
- Academic data
- Data related to your relationship with ITESM
- Location data
- Employment data
- Data related to the project with which you are applying
- Moreover, in order to fulfill the purposes indicated herein, ITESM will not collect or process any sensitive personal data.
In addition, we should like to inform you that, when you participate with a team project, ITESM will collect and process the personal data related to identification of the coauthors of the project, information related to their roles and participation (“Third Parties”), for which you acknowledge having the consent of the aforementioned for ITESM to process their data under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- When you apply to participate in the program:
- To address, register, and follow up on your application, as well as your requests for information.
- To validate the veracity and quality of the information you provided.
- To comply with and follow up on the terms, requirements, and procedures established in the call.
- To address, record, and follow up on any complaints you may file.
- To contact you and give you any type of information regarding the selection process, and to know your opinion of the service received and your participation in the selection process.
- When you have been selected to participate in the program:
-To address, register, and follow up on your request(s) for information.
-To comply with and follow up on the terms, requirements, and procedures established in the call.
-To manage, if necessary, the formulation and signing of the documents described in the call (formalization of your participation).
-To provide you with and manage the services and benefits described in the call or that derive from the Plan of Action for your project.
-To put you in touch with and/or provide your contact data to third parties, when we consider that they could be strategic allies for your project.
-To formulate and deliver the certificate that proves your participation in the Program.
If applicable, to arrange and manage electronic access to ITESM’s systems and technological infrastructure related to the Program, and to address, record and follow up on the reports and/or applications for support you have made regarding the use of the system or technological infrastructure. If the Program in which you participate receives financial support from the Federal, State or Municipal Government entity, either through ITESM or an intermediary organization with which ITESM has entered into an agreement, to share with them the deliverables that will confirm compliance with the obligations undertaken.
To contact you and give you any type of information regarding your participation in the Program, and to know your opinion of the service received and your participation in the selection process. Keep for a limited time a historical record of your participations in Entrepreneurship Programs.
When you participate in the graduation ceremony: To manage your participation. To identify you as a graduate during the ceremony, which may be transmitted live (streaming) through social networks, digital tools, and platforms that so permit, including those that allow their subsequent reproduction. To keep the video recording of the ceremony as part of the proceedings of the graduation events we carry out.
If you agree, ITESM will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in other calls or entrepreneurship activities.
- To generate statistical reports, after applying a personal data dissociation mechanism.
- To conduct research studies, after applying a personal data dissociation mechanism.
- When you so authorize, to use your photograph or video recording to generate any support materials we deem relevant for ITESM’s promotional and informative ends and that could be published or distributed in Mexico or abroad through print or electronic media, such as websites, social networks, brochures and/or advertisements.
- To generate statistics for ITESM’s internal control processes.
- To contact you by any physical and electronic media in order to send you our own or third-party promotional information that could be of interest to you.
The legitimation of the aforementioned secondary purpose is based on your consent, which means that you can oppose the same or revoke your consent at any time.
If you wish to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address: email@example.com.
Based on the provisions of article 37 of the LFPDPPP (Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties), ITESM can transfer your personal data without the need for your consent in the following cases:
- Controlling, subsidiary or affiliate companies under the common control of the responsible entity, or a parent company or any company from the same group as the responsible entity which operates under the same processes and internal policies.
- The competent authorities for the cases set forth in the applicable legislation, in the event that we receive a requisition for mandatory compliance.
- When necessary for maintaining or fulfilling the legal relationship between you and ITESM.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email and following the procedure, requirements, and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent on our webpage: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
Please note that we cannot address your request or terminate use immediately in every case, since a legal obligation could be in place that requires us to continue to process your data.
Options and media for limiting the use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for proof of identity and the procedure for addressing your request will be governed by the same criteria indicated on our webpage: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento. If your request is valid, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to enhance the efficiency of the Platform, including your browsing experience. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on the browser used by each user that enable the server to remember specific data that can be used later on. This information makes it possible to identify and save your personal preferences in order to offer you a better browsing experience.
- Select the option “configuration” or tools, according to your browser.
- Select the option deactivate cookies.
This process not only disables our Platform’s cookies, but also those from your browser.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are: Identifiers, session username and passwords, region where you are located, type of browser, type of operating system, date and time of starting and finishing a session, webpages visited, searches completed, and advertising viewed. These technologies can be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or eliminate parts of this Privacy Notice at any time. As a result of legislative changes, internal policies or new requirements for the provision of offering of our services, this Privacy Notice is subject to modifications or updates. In this event, ITESM will publish such changes on the official website: https://tec.mx/es/aviso-privacidad-mentefactura-2020.
Last updated: August 2020