Privacy Notice for Market Research Studies
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the Controller
The Controller of the personal information you provide is the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), domiciled at the address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México, C.P. 64849.
Personal data and personal sensitive data processed by ITESM
In order to comply with the purposes of processing indicated in this Privacy Notice, it is necessary for ITESM to process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data, including your personal image, which may be recorded through photographs and/or videos, as well as your voice;
- Demographic data.
- Preferences and purchasing behavior data.
- Contact information.
Likewise, we inform you that, in order to comply with the purposes stated in this Notice, ITESM will not collect or process sensitive personal data.
ITESM will process your personal data for the following primary purposes:
- When you have registered with us, to invite you to participate in the market research studies we conduct.
- When you decide to participate in a market research study, to manage your participation in the market research study, including sending communications, confirmations, updates, and reminders; and when required, managing access to facilities, platforms, and complying with security protocols.
- To record your image and voice when the study involves the use of this technology.
- To manage, when applicable, the issuance and delivery of incentives, as well as to publish, when applicable, the list of winners.
- To keep historical record of your participation in market studies we conduct and, if deemed necessary, acknowledge your participation.
- To address, record, and follow up on the request(s) you make.
- In case that the market study is conducted for third parties, the information shared with them is anonymized, meaning if does not contain any information that can directly or indirectly identify you.
- To reuse the information from a study in which you have participated and complement it with additional internal o external data.
We inform you that the refusal to process your data for the above-mentioned primary purposes would imply the impossibility to comply with the legal relationship with you and allow, as appropriate, your participation in the applicable activities or events.
Based on the provisions of article 37 of the LFPDPPP, ITESM may transfer your personal data without requiring your consent in the following cases:
- To controlling companies, subsidiaries or affiliates under common control of the responsible party (ITESM), or to a parent company or any company of the same group of the Controller party that operates under the same internal processes and policies;
- Competent authorities in the cases foreseen by the applicable regulations, in the event that we receive a mandatory requirement.
- When it is necessary for the maintenance or fulfillment of the legal relationship between you and ITESM, such as the case of individuals or legal entities, national or international, with which we have entered into binding legal agreements:
|Third party receiving the personal data||Purpose|
|Third party service providers||To fulfill the obligations arising from the legal relationship with you and the purposes stated in this privacy notice.|
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email and following the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent of our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
It is important to note that not in all cases we will be able to fulfill your request or terminate the use immediately, since it is possible that due to some legal obligation we were required to continue processing your personal data.
Limitation and / or Disclosure of your Personal Data
You may limit the use or disclosure of your personal data in events or activities that are carried out through digital tools and platforms, by not activating the camera, not using your personal image in the account with which you connect and/or not registering with your profile (it will depend on the platform used to carry out the event or activity).
In e-mail communications, by subscribing to the unsubscribe list, when it is available in the communication itself.
In all other cases, you may limit the use or disclosure of your personal information by email us your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The requirements for proving your identity, as well as the procedure for dealing with your request, will be governed by the same criteria indicated on our website: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento. If applicable, you will be registered on ITESM's own exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to improve the efficiency of the Platform including your experience when navigating the site. Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored in the browser used by each user so that the server remembers certain information that can be used later. This information allows us to identify you and save your personal preferences to provide you with a better browsing experience.
- Select the "settings" or tools option, according to your browser.
- Select the option to disable cookies.
- This process will not only disable cookies from our Platform, but from your entire browser.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are as follows: Identifiers, user names and passwords for a session; region in which you are; type of browser; type of operating system; date and time of the start and end of a session; web pages visited; searches carried out and advertising reviewed. These technologies may be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
ITESM Personal Data Department
It is important to inform you that ITESM has a Personal Data Department which, as part of its functions, is responsible to attend any questions you may have regarding the use of your information. Likewise, the Personal Data Department will follow up on any complaint or claim you may have related to the treatment of your personal information.
You may contact the ITESM Personal Data Department by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
If deemed necessary, we inform you that you have the right to go before the Instituto Nacional de Transparencia Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos Personales (INAI) to assert any disagreement related to the processing of your personal data by ITESM.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time. Derived from legislative developments, internal policies or new requirements for the provision or offering of our services, this Privacy Notice will be subject to modification or update. In such case, ITESM will publish such modifications on the site: https://tec.mx/en/privacy-notice-market-research-studies and will indicate the date of the last version of the notice. We recommend you periodically check this page to see if any changes to the present notice have occurred.
Last update: July, 2023