Privacy Notice for the Educational Investment Plan
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), operating at the address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849.
Personal data processed by ITESM
As part of its Education Investment Plan registration process, ITESM will gather and process personal identification data, personal contact data, and personal financial data and/or personal proprietary data.
Moreover, the purpose of processing your personal data is to fulfill the primary and necessary purposes indicated herein. ITESM will not gather or process sensitive personal data ITESM other than those indicated in the previous paragraph. We guarantee that such data will be processed under the strictest security measures, guaranteeing their confidentiality at all times.
ITESM will process your personal data for the following primary and necessary purposes in order to fulfill our obligations derived from our legal relationship:
- To contact you to offer our certificates.
- To follow up on your requests for information on the certificates we offer.
- To manage profiles on the ITESM digital and/or electronic platforms in relation to the Education Investment Plan.
- To provide essential information related to the fulfillment of the Education Investment Plan.
- To generate invoicing processes related to the purchase of Education Investment Plan certificates.
- To keep a record of your certificate acquisition.
- To complete all the procedures related to the acquisition of Education Investment Plan certificates (reimbursement, delivery, duplication, change of beneficiary, change of level, change of holder).
- To generate statistical indicators and statistics related to the Education Investment Plan services.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible attention:
- To send you promotional information related to the Education Investment Plan.
- If you wish to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at the following address: email@example.com, indicating in the body of the message your full name, your relationship with the Institute and that you do not want your personal data to be processed for any or all of the secondary purposes.
Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the services requested or to terminate the relationship established with us.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by following the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent indicated on our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
Limitation and/or Disclosure of your Data
You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the body of the message your full name, your relationship with the Institute and the information you do not wish to be disclosed. If your request is valid, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
- To promote ITESM’s academic life, research, extension, and sports, cultural recreational and social events.
- To invite you to meetings, events, forums and associations organized by ITESM.
- To disseminate congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognition of outstanding achievements.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To use and divulge your personal image (photograph, video, etc.) to generate informative and promotional materials.