HISTORY OF THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM
At the end of the 1970s, the university wanted its graduates to have an entrepreneurial attitude and not only fill positions that had already been established. To do so, it needed to provide students with special training that would not only introduce them to this concept, but would equip them with the tools necessary to make it a reality.
As a result, Tecnológico de Monterrey inaugurated the Businessman Program in 1978 with a small group of professors and businessmen who acted as a committee to guide a group of students in starting a company. This program then became the Entrepreneurship Program.
NETWORK OF CENTERS FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL FAMILIES
At Tecnológico de Monterrey, we recognize the huge impact and positive effect family businesses have on the global economy, and specifically on Mexico’s economy, considering 90% of companies in Mexico are family-owned.
We also know that 55% of the family-owned companies created every year fail in less than two years and that 85% of family business failures are mainly due to family issues and not problems directly related to the business itself.
With this in mind and in an effort to cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit in the Tec community, we created the Network of Centers for Entrepreneurial Families.
The network has the following features:
- It is more family-oriented than business-oriented.
- It is more focused on small and medium-sized companies than large companies.
- It is based on more practical educational models.
- It makes use of very innovative educational materials.
The objective of the Network of Centers for Entrepreneurial Families is to develop skills and abilities that:
- Support the creation, development, growth, solidification, and continuity of family companies.
- Improve the competitiveness and long-term presence of the family company in Mexico.
- Bolster regional economic development through entrepreneurial families.
In agreement with the Business Family Foundation, and with the aim of becoming an integrating space for support services and training for enterprising families, we offer the following courses:
For more information about the entrepreneurial formation that Tecnológico de Monterrey offers, please contact Dr. Segio Ortiz Váldes, Entrepreneurial Academic Director
ENTREPRENEURIAL SOCIAL ASSOCIATION
The entrepreneurial spirit is manifested not only through the creation of enterprises, but also by different attitudes and values that will strengthen our students during their stay in our institution to develop as a person who is:
- Congruent who thinks and acts based on principles and values
- Innovative and creative
- Committed to change
- Willing to break paradigms
- Able to create opportunities
- A visionary idea, it realizes and understands and assumes the risks of carrying it out
- Learn from your mistakes
- Works and leads multidisciplinary quipos
WHAT IS SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP ACTION?
It is an area that aims to drive in 100% of students the potential of their entrepreneurial spirit, in the broad sense of this concept going from identifying the problem to the solution and implementation of improvements in their environment.
So that the student personally live experiences that allow them to develop skills, values and attitudes actively through its social service, professional practices, participation in student groups, business development programs among others.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
All students must participate professional with at least 40 hours testable in a project to detonate his entrepreneurial spirit.