Tec High School Policies and Regulations
Since its foundation, Tecnológico de Monterrey has defined the regulations that guide its students, regarding the expected academic standards and conduct both inside and outside the classroom.
In this way, the Institution, committed to academic quality, disseminates its governing regulations among students and the community, within the framework of the principles and values described in the Mission.
In order to obtain a full high school diploma at Tecnológico de Monterrey, students are required to have:
- Completed secondary school in full, before passing the first course on the high school curriculum.
- Fulfilled, in accordance with the regulations in effect, the preliminary academic requirements of the corresponding curriculum, by means of the relevant placement exams or remedial courses.
- Completed all the courses of the curriculum in question, either by passing all of them at Tecnológico de Monterrey or by obtaining revalidation or equivalency agreements -in conformity with the corresponding regulations - for some of the courses studied at other institutions, and passing the remaining courses at Tecnológico de Monterrey. Courses completed at foreign universities with which agreements have been signed will be considered, for the purposes of this article, as having been studied at Tecnológico de Monterrey, as long as they do not exceed the equivalent of two semesters of the curriculum.
- Studied and passed at Tecnológico de Monterrey, at least 50% of the courses that comprise the curriculum. This rule can be flexible for programs that, by means of an agreement, are created in conjunction with other universities.
- Taken the National Higher Education Entrance Exam of the National Center for the Evaluation of Higher Education (CENEVAL) to assess the knowledge and skills acquired during their high school program. The result of this exam will be included in the students’ records and recorded on their transcript.
To support your education, Tec High School offers a solid personalized attention program, providing timely guidance and advice through programs such as:
A team of vocational guidance specialists at Tec High School will assist you at all times to identify the skills, interests and characteristics of your personality through diverse tests. The results will provide a useful tool that will help you to define your professional career plan.
To make the most of your freedom, but with a sense of responsibility, Tec High School constantly organizes diverse activities and programs so that you as a person can always choose a healthy lifestyle.
The Prevention Program places particular emphasis on preventing the use of drugs, alcohol abuse, emotional problems (eating disorders), sexuality (romantic relationships, STDs, birth control and abortion), and personal safety topics (road safety education, accident prevention and violence).
Find out more about the prevention programs that are implemented at the campuses to provide guidance on these topics.
Psychological and educational counselling
While you study at Tec High School, you will enjoy top-quality services in the area of academic psychology and comprehensive human development.
Find out more about the psychological and educational counselling offered at each campus.