Privacy Notice for Continuing Education Participants
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The responsible entity that is accountable for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León. C.P. 64849.
Personal information and sensitive personal information processed by ITESM
ITESM, as part of your registration as a participant, will collect and process personal identification data, personal contact data, personal academic data and, in some cases, employment data.
Moreover, we should like to inform you that in order to comply with the primary and necessary purposes indicated herein, ITESM will not collect or process sensitive personal information.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes in order to fulfill our obligations derived from our legal relationship:
- To provide you with all the services and execute all the activities necessary for academic development and contribute to your comprehensive education.
- To evaluate you and inform you of your academic performance.
- To keep you up to date on knowledge of the highest ethical, scientific, cultural technological and professional level.
- To create a participant profile and assign you a student ID number.
- To identify you in the application of academic evaluations and/or evaluations related to the course taken.
- To manage your academic experience at ITESM.
- To manage your physical and electronic access to ITESM’s facilities, systems, platforms and technological infrastructure.
- To manage billing and the corresponding collection processes.
- To generate physical and electronic identifications.
- To create weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- To keep a record, where applicable, of your credit history and behavior.
- If necessary, to send information to the credit bureau database if you fail to comply with payment obligations derived from the legal relationship with ITESM, in which case, the use of your data will be governed by the provisions of the Law for Regulating Credit Reporting Agencies.
You cannot request ITESM to cease from processing your information for the aforementioned primary and necessary purposes, since such processing is necessary in order to fulfill the obligations derived from the relationship between you and ITESM.
In addition, ITESM will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but will enable us to offer you the best possible assistance:
- To send and inform you of congratulations and other celebrations and special days, as well as recognitions for outstanding achievements.
- To send you promotional information on courses, diploma courses, seminars, symposiums, extra-academic workshops, events and conferences.
- To administer surveys and evaluations to enhance the quality of the products and services we offer.
- To send you publicity and communications for marketing, telemarketing or financial campaign purposes.
- To use and divulge your personal image (photograph, video, etc.) to generate informative and promotional materials.
- To perform market research in order to improve our participants’ experience.
If you do not wish your personal information to be processed for any or all of the additional purposes, please contact us immediately by email at email@example.com, indicating in the body of the message your full name, relationship with the Institute, and that you do not want your information to be treated for the secondary purposes.
Refusal to permit the use of your personal information for additional purposes will not constitute a reason to deny you the services requested or to terminate the relationship established with us.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purposes or any others required by law or by the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary personal data to the following organizations and for the followings ends:
|Third party receiving the personal data||Purpose||Consent|
|Companies and/or Institutions sponsoring the participant, who have entered into an agreement with ITESM||To report the academic performance and account statement of the sponsored participant.||Not required|
|Enseñanza e Investigación Superior, A.C. (Universidad Tecmilenio and Sorteos Tec)||To promote and offer their products, events and/or services, related to their activities.||Required|
|Competent authorities||When required by law||Not required|
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”) and revoke your consent for the treatment of your personal data by sending an email to the ITESM Department of Personal Data at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the body of the message your full name and your relationship with the institute.
In this regard, information on the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or revocation of consent can be found on our website https://tec.mx/en/arco-rights-andor-revocation-consent.
Limitation and/or disclosure of data
You can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to ITESM to the email email@example.com. If applicable, you will be included in ITESM’s exclusion list.
Last updated on: 02/02/2018