HyFlex + Tec
The pandemic accelerated the process that had already been made increasingly possible by technology: combining face-to-face and remote activities.
For the August-December 2020 semester, the challenge is, while prioritizing everyone’s health and safety, to assure the quality and continuity of your learning.
HyFlex+ Tec is a hybrid, flexible experience that enables us to adapt to variable scenarios at different times during the semester, according to the traffic light system of each city, each campus, and even the particular needs of students and faculty.
: Hybrid, because it combines remote and face-to-face classes
: Flexible, to move rapidly from one format to another
: (Logo): Add to your LiFE Experience, Benefits of TEC Value, community outreach, Boost your Skills program, and all the resources available in Protect your Mental Health.
And yes…. It’s very Tec.
Are you ready to "experience hybridity"?
In the educational context, hybridity refers to a combination of formats for teaching courses and enables you to:
- Combine remote and face-to-face courses within your semester academic load.
- Experience some sessions remotely and others face-to-face in a single course, according to your professor’s indications.
- Combine diverse degrees of face-to-face learning at different times during the semester, if so required by the situation in the city or at the campus where you are located.
- Have access to LiFE@home activities and, gradually, the face-to-face LiFE activities available on campus.
This semester will be unprecedented and to respond to your concerns we have prepared some FAQ with different sections that will be updated constantly.
Academic Continuity 2.0
Over 30 years of experience offering digital and distance education enable us to accompany our students and faculty in continuing with the current academic plans, offering the necessary tools and technology to drive their development. Today, Hyflex + Tec includes for you:
- Virtual laboratories
- Online Digital Library with a collection of more than 133 databases and 2.5 million electronic documents, such as books, articles, videos, and learning and research materials. In addition, librarians are available to provide the online support and advice you require.
- Ongoing faculty training to develop and maximize distance teaching competencies and assure the same quality in each and every virtual class.
- Website to accompany and advise our students in solving all their doubts about the services and resources in place for their learning and distance experience.
At Tec, we want to ensure that you will continue to develop your competencies and complement your integral education, even while away from the campus. Therefore, we have developed an offering with diverse virtual activities:
- Over 1,200 daily online activities and classes to foment your integral wellbeing.
- Let’s keep sports alive! We have a wide variety of technology-based, at-home sporting events, such as the world of Esports.
- 50 free courses (MOOCs) on different topics: health, music, art, leadership, psychology and wellbeing.
Log in to the session of your choice with your institutional account and enjoy the opportunity to interact with students from other campuses.
These times of isolation and social distancing are generating difficult emotions for everyone. This platform provides information and resources to help you maintain and strengthen your emotional health through tips, practical content, recommendations, and activities for a balanced inner life. Specifically, you will find:
Free psychological, medical, and nutrition advice 24/7 for our community.
Personalized accompaniment for each student by mentors, advisors and degree program directors.
Support materials for maintaining your emotional and psychological health.
Good practices for working from home and nurturing fellowship despite the distance.
Make the most of these circumstances and the subsequent free time to develop new competencies that will advance your skills and preparation. Our alliances with Coursera and EdX give you access during the pandemic months to courses, specialized programs (MOOCs), and certificates from the top universities in the world. You can choose from over 4,000 courses and specialization programs, exclusively for Tec students, which will allow you to:
- Complement your learning.
- Develop power skills (soft skills).
- Earn a certificate with curricular value for your undergraduate degree.
- We would like to invite you to invest your time and take advantage of this elective course offering focused exclusively on enabling our students to develop and unleash their potential to transform.
Through our value partners (suppliers), we have managed to make services available exclusively to our institution’s parents and students with preferential prices, benefits, packages and discounts to support, as far as possible, their pressing financial situation.
Moreover, we have set up a platform for sharing and posting services/products of businesses belonging to the families that form part of our Tec community, so we can mutually support each other by consuming, buying, and completing transactions in the same.
Join this national and local campus initiative! We are certain that together we will be able to deliver many Value Services to the community.
Tec de Monterrey is a nonprofit institution of society and for society. Consequently, in times of crisis, our institution’s strength and commitment have been outstanding.
Thanks to the generosity of donors and the wider community, we have been able to place our academic, medical and scientific capacities at the service of society, thereby reaffirming our role as a key social actor in our community.